White Co. SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Thanks milf for fixing that....that has bugged me for a long time that they were set up like that in the DB.

I'll work on getting more info to update the DB further.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Thanks milf for fixing that....that has bugged me for a long time that they were set up like that in the DB.

I'll work on getting more info to update the DB further.

When I originally set it up, it was a distinct possibility that each repeater used differing tones, as is common with this type of set up. But it now appears to be either an simulcast set up, or each has different input tones, or an voting system. Also unknown as to if they simulcast UHF with AWIN, or if only certain units have AWIN capability, though pretty soon with the changes to AWIN, usage will be more widespread.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I hang out in Searcy on weekends and I have just recently got back into scanning a lil more so I'll monitor this more and see what I can find out.

From what I've seen / heard they use a mix of AWIN and the UHF. I've also heard some voice inversion on the UHF, but it's not all the time.

wbswetnam

I have driven through White County and Searcy many times, most recently being today. I have heard White County SO on its AWIN dispatch channel, but I can tell you that it is NOT simulcast with its UHF channel (too bad, actually). Most AWIN traffic is actually on the tactical channel, when there is any AWIN usage at all. 95%+ of their traffic is on UHF. On occasion they use voice inversion on the dispatch channel when they want "privacy".

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
More updates....

I did find the tone for the SO Dispatch - 141.3.....submitted to database

The SO Searcy Tower keys up with no tone, several times I've heard what I assume is their FCC ID in morse code.

I figure it is for jail ops since it is lower power - see locations 1 & 2 here.

I'll hafta ride out by the jail and sit a while and see if I can find anything else.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I did find the tone for the SO Dispatch - 141.3.....submitted to database

The SO Searcy Tower keys up with no tone, several times I've heard what I assume is their FCC ID in morse code.

I figure it is for jail ops since it is lower power - see locations 1 & 2 here.

I'll hafta ride out by the jail and sit a while and see if I can find anything else.

Does the Searcy tower show no tone just on the morse ID or for radio traffic, too? Possible it's setup for a tone only on the rx side. I know several local pub safety repeaters whose ID is transmitted CSQ but regular traffic has a tone so that's why I'm wondering.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Does the Searcy tower show no tone just on the morse ID or for radio traffic, too? Possible it's setup for a tone only on the rx side. I know several local pub safety repeaters whose ID is transmitted CSQ but regular traffic has a tone so that's why I'm wondering.

No tone on the morse....never thought about that. I'll creep around this weekend and see what I can find.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
156.7 was the tone for the Searcy tower & it is used for jail ops

Status
Not open for further replies.