New Live Stream - Lonoke County, cabot, ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrickTech

I finally got my crude broadcast station built. A cardboard box, lined in sound deadner, then lined in jute (the stuff under vehicle carpet) then lined in 2" thick foam, with an Amazon Kindle running BroadcastMySelf and an Motorola xts 1500 all sealed up, and placed in my attic.

The xts1500 is running a scanlist with Lonoke County Sheriff's Office , Cabot Pd, and Ward Pd (all central arkansas) - They are all fairly small agencies wich is why I stuck them all together, and there not hard to tell apart after listening a few times and even with 3 of them there alot of "dead" time.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27525/web

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
It's going to get awfully hot up there in your attic. When it's 95 degrees outside, it will be 120 - 140 degrees in your attic.

Yes indeed! You need to have some way to keep any electronics cool as possible at all times. Like have a ventilation duct, or fan system of some kind. That radio will not last very long if your baking it at 140 degrees for 4 to 6 hours every day for 4 months.

StrickTech

I did think about adding a fan, and there is a fan in the attic, but the noise stopped me from doing so, honestly I had no worries about the xts, I figured the Kindle would be the failure eventually, I'll stick a digital thermometer in the box and see what the high temp is, if it's to hot, it's very close to the attic a/c unit, I could possibly tie in a small vacuum cleaner type hose to the box, from a vent pipe to push fresh cold air

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The thermometer would be a good idea. We know how hot it can get in Arkansas and attics can be sweltering.

Any reason you put it in the attic and not in the house??

Let's hope the feed doesn't make someone mad and lead to E...

StrickTech

The reason for the attic is I have kids and it's a fairly quiet safe spot, and the since I don't have an audio cable it's basicly open mic sitting beside a radio, hence why all the trouble to sound proof the the box

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Oh, I follow. Interesting idea, I must say! If it works it works! Here's hoping it doesn't fry! :)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LOL if we hear any rats or birds we will let you know. But as was said, if it works, roll with it.

dbs1023

= (

I finally got my crude broadcast station built. A cardboard box, lined in sound deadner, then lined in jute (the stuff under vehicle carpet) then lined in 2" thick foam, with an Amazon Kindle running BroadcastMySelf and an Motorola xts 1500 all sealed up, and placed in my attic.

The xts1500 is running a scanlist with Lonoke County Sheriff's Office , Cabot Pd, and Ward Pd (all central arkansas) - They are all fairly small agencies wich is why I stuck them all together, and there not hard to tell apart after listening a few times and even with 3 of them there alot of "dead" time.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27525/web

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Your feed sounds good! Might want to turn the radio volume down a little, as it seems to be overloading the mic element when strong audio comes across (the feed sounds a little buzzy) - beyond that, it's great! Well done!

StrickTech

Your feed sounds good! Might want to turn the radio volume down a little, as it seems to be overloading the mic element when strong audio comes across (the feed sounds a little buzzy) - beyond that, it's great!

I agree, and planned on turning it down a bit next time I open it up, it's a fine line as I've noticed one Dept dispatch is extremely low voiced, while another seems to yell all the time. Lol

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I agree, and planned on turning it down a bit next time I open it up, it's a fine line as I've noticed one Dept dispatch is extremely low voiced, while another seems to yell all the time. Lol

Walking that fine line can be very difficult. I had a similar problem with one of my feeds. An intelligible volume level for some agencies caused others to overdrive my USB audio input, but an external audio compressor leveled things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.