RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Atlantic and Maritime


Atlantic and Maritime - Forum for discussion of radio information in the Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island provinces.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #2001 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post

I was hoping you would get some shots with your camera too, mine is a 60D which doesn't give me extra magnification like yours does, my 500mm is true 500, no extra. Funny thing is I had/have 1000D which would be similar to the T4 for extra mag, but I gave it to my sister cause she doesn't have a good camera. How do you find out the magnification factor or whatever it would be called? I read about it ages ago(maybe on here).. but totally forget how you figure it out.
The conversion factor is 1.6 for Canon...thus the 500mm equates to roughly an 800mm. (I have a T1i)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2002 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looknlisten View Post
The conversion factor is 1.6 for Canon...thus the 500mm equates to roughly an 800mm. (I have a T1i)
Is it the same for all Canon's? I thought it varied depending on the model.
Reply With Quote
  #2003 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

This link explains it all.
Canon Crop Factor
Hmmm...according to that, it says your sensor (60D) is the same as mine(500D).
Reply With Quote
  #2004 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2013, 2:06 PM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looknlisten View Post
This link explains it all.
Canon Crop Factor
Hmmm...according to that, it says your sensor (60D) is the same as mine(500D).
Thanks for the link! That must be it, I thought I read something about lens spacing before the sensor, or something like that. But I can't find anything about it now.
Reply With Quote
  #2005 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default Heads UP! More F-15s coming West

Hey Guys,

Get your cameras ready. BOBBY 91 and 92 are dragging CUBE 41 flight of F-15s.

I recently heard BOBBY 94 and 95 take off from Bangor heading towards you to meet up with them and drag them to the US.

Here's my latest post to the groups:
BOBBY 94 flight

1545z 124.250 working Boston Center switching controllers.
1545z 124.300 check in with Moncton Center, passing 12,000' looking for the block 22-23. Receives block 260-280.

AE04DB 57-1437 BOBBY94 2013-01-26 15:49:01 KC-135R United States AFRC | 916ARW | 77ARS [KGSB]
AE0504 60-0345 BOBBY95 2013-01-26 15:49:13 KC-135T United States MI ANG | 127WG | 171ARS [KMTC]


Get those Zoom lenses cleaned off and pointed skyward!!
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2006 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default Coronet freqs to plug in

Guys,

From reports on the net. Plug in these if you don't have them:

268.300 Possible Boom (BOBBY 94/95 talking about it)
359.275 LN F-15 Air to Air freq heard on last flight and reported heard today in the UK.
373.550 Primary AR boom (BOBBY 94/95 talked about making this the PRI freq)

Good luck and happy monitoring!
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME
Reply With Quote
  #2007 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

I just picked up the BOBBYs on my box and watched them duck behind the clouds. Heard them talking to Moncton, they are setting up now it sounds like. Block 300 until they rendezvous.

Edit : heard them on one of the freqs I have as B-1 A to A, either 318.0500, or 228.125.

Last edited by NE1C4NSC4N; 01-26-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2008 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
Edit : heard them on one of the freqs I have as B-1 A to A, either 318.0500, or 228.125.
Thanks Ian. I have your feed going and it's working fine. I'll make sure I have those freqs in just in case.

I see by the Halifax webcam those pesky clouds are over you! Bummer. :-(
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME
Reply With Quote
  #2009 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Ok cool Ed.

Just a not of interest, there is also a L1011 Tristar in the area I'm getting on the box, not sure if its related or not.
Reply With Quote
  #2010 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
Ok cool Ed.

Just a not of interest, there is also a L1011 Tristar in the area I'm getting on the box, not sure if its related or not.
I saw him on the website. I think he is just going back home. He brought over a flight of fighters to Red Flag last week. Sorry but I don't think he is involved with the BOBBY flight.
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME
Reply With Quote
  #2011 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcrafter View Post
I saw him on the website. I think he is just going back home. He brought over a flight of fighters to Red Flag last week. Sorry but I don't think he is involved with the BOBBY flight.
Oh well. Do you know where he started out from? I thought I saw something take off from YHZ that looked like it had a boom on the back.

Another update : I just heard BOBBY flight get handed off to Gander Center on my other feed.
Reply With Quote
  #2012 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 AM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
Oh well. Do you know where he started out from? I thought I saw something take off from YHZ that looked like it had a boom on the back.

Another update : I just heard BOBBY flight get handed off to Gander Center on my other feed.
Not sure exactly where he took off from but here are his mode-s logs since taking off: (newest first)

2013-01-26 12:22:08.030 2013-01-26 16:22:08 RRR9205 Nova Scotia, CA --- ---
2013-01-26 11:09:27.036 2013-01-26 16:09:27 RRR9205 Everett MA, US --- ---
2013-01-26 10:54:27.546 2013-01-26 15:54:27 RRR9205 Billerica MA, US --- 38900
2013-01-26 10:52:14.000 2013-01-26 15:52:14 RRR9205 Palmer, MA USA --- ---
2013-01-26 12:37:16.750 2013-01-26 15:37:16 RRR9205 Halifax NS, CA --- 38950
2013-01-26 10:24:56.242 2013-01-26 15:24:56 RRR9205 Villas NJ, US --- ---
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME
Reply With Quote
  #2013 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcrafter View Post
Not sure exactly where he took off from but here are his mode-s logs since taking off: (newest first)

2013-01-26 12:22:08.030 2013-01-26 16:22:08 RRR9205 Nova Scotia, CA --- ---
2013-01-26 11:09:27.036 2013-01-26 16:09:27 RRR9205 Everett MA, US --- ---
2013-01-26 10:54:27.546 2013-01-26 15:54:27 RRR9205 Billerica MA, US --- 38900
2013-01-26 10:52:14.000 2013-01-26 15:52:14 RRR9205 Palmer, MA USA --- ---
2013-01-26 12:37:16.750 2013-01-26 15:37:16 RRR9205 Halifax NS, CA --- 38950
2013-01-26 10:24:56.242 2013-01-26 15:24:56 RRR9205 Villas NJ, US --- ---
Ok, that wasn't him I saw, my eyes were being hopeful I guess lol.
Reply With Quote
  #2014 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Another update : Heard BOBBY flight talking to Gander center on ATC.net, they have 6 recievers, and they are going direct to Yarmouth from their current position.

Look, get ready dude!!
Reply With Quote
  #2015 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 1:22 PM
jetcrafter's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
Another update : Heard BOBBY flight talking to Gander center on ATC.net, they have 6 recievers, and they are going direct to Yarmouth from their current position.

Look, get ready dude!!
Unfortunately, no A-A comms heard here. Too far South of me. They are skirting off the Coast heading South to Seymour Johnson AFB. The flight will split up at Snow Hill. Here's my last post:

Heard Live and ground side on LiveATC.net

1913z 133.450 BOBBY 94 flight working ZBW, told to follow ALTRAV to Snow Hill then to KGSB (Seymour-Johnson AFB)
Still no A-A comms heard here. Too far South of me.

Update:
=====

1930z 250.300 CUBE 41-44 Air to Air giving out tail numbers. Weak but readable here.


Update 2:
=======
Upon review of my faint recording, it sounded more like each plane giving out fuel status to boomer.

Sorry for any confusion.

1943z 250.300 Barely readable here now. Too weak to understand what they are saying.
__________________
Ed Langworthy
Gray, ME

Last edited by jetcrafter; 01-26-2013 at 1:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2016 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 7:16 PM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcrafter View Post
Unfortunately, no A-A comms heard here. Too far South of me. They are skirting off the Coast heading South to Seymour Johnson AFB. The flight will split up at Snow Hill. Here's my last post:
I'm guessing they were well off shore when they passed by here as well, cause I didn't get a visual on them.

Me and the wife were out looking, and didn't see anything resembling a flight of 6+ aircraft, and we even drove out toward the coast.

Unfortunately we had a door to door sale's person come by just before we left the house, so they might have snuck by during that time frame. The plus side is, he talked the wife into getting Fiber-Op installed lol.

Here's the little bit of audio I heard:

Audioboo / BOBBY Flight - KC-135's + F-15s
Reply With Quote
  #2017 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Hey guys, just a random heads up, I heard someone talking to Moncton or Halifax control, and they told him to maintain MARSA untill they call them back with something.. It was low on my airport scanner, might be something interesting??

Edit : might be BLUE72 and 71

Last edited by NE1C4NSC4N; 01-27-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2018 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Formation of 6 + heading over Bedford Sackville area, and heading SW. Looked like F-15s again, waiting on the pics to unload from my card.

Last edited by NE1C4NSC4N; 01-27-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2019 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Mark's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Northeast Maryland
Posts: 4,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
Formation of 6 + heading over Bedford Sackville area, and heading SW. Looked like F-15s again, waiting on the pics to unload from my card.
Should be F-22's coming from Lajes.Holloman F-22's to be exact.
__________________
'Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #2020 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Here's a shot of one, judging by the wing shapes I would say F-22's, but they look like they have drop tanks or something. Do 22's have the option for drop tanks?
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions