RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Atlantic and Maritime


Atlantic and Maritime - Forum for discussion of radio information in the Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island provinces.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #3241 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 7:14 AM
Mark's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Northeast Maryland
Posts: 4,324
Default

Maybe Langley F-22's doing polar route from Alaska?

27th Fighter Squadron returning to Langley AFB - dailypress.com
__________________
'Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3242 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 7:15 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Fingers crossed!!
Reply With Quote
  #3243 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Maybe Langley F-22's doing polar route from Alaska?

27th Fighter Squadron returning to Langley AFB - dailypress.com
That fits the bill, Mark.
Thanks for the heads up....hopefully I can get some good comms recorded.
I loaded up some additional freqs just incase.
Reply With Quote
  #3244 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:04 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

40 mins to go, and nothing on the radar so far..
Reply With Quote
  #3245 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:06 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
40 mins to go, and nothing on the radar so far..
Darn..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3246 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:08 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

I meant to ask you Look, are you using an AirNav box? I think so. I managed to get emails working with my SDR, but if you've got the same setup as Ian you're probably already set. If not I'd be happy to help out getting SDR+Email alerts working.
Reply With Quote
  #3247 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:13 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
I meant to ask you Look, are you using an AirNav box? I think so. I managed to get emails working with my SDR, but if you've got the same setup as Ian you're probably already set. If not I'd be happy to help out getting SDR+Email alerts working.
No AIRNAV...just the dongle with PlanePlotter. I saw the option for alerting...not really interested.(don't own a phone). If I decide to though, nice to know I can bug ya about it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #3248 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:16 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
40 mins to go, and nothing on the radar so far..
Nothing near YYT either. Been monitoring that via LiveATC all afternoon.
Reply With Quote
  #3249 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 3:34 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Well rather insultingly (word?), theres C-40 166695... Heh.
Reply With Quote
  #3250 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 4:42 PM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looknlisten View Post
Nothing near YYT either. Been monitoring that via LiveATC all afternoon.
Anything yet?
Reply With Quote
  #3251 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 4:44 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

I have one of our Hercs (you probably do too I guess), along with M-SNAP.. Best reg in a while. My other fave has been C-GUAC. I LOVE avocados, guacamole. Off topic, maybe, but delicious. Just had some on a burger, nom.



Edit:

As to your question, and back on topic I don't have anything here. Although our displays probably look the same.

Last edited by darrylcn; 10-23-2013 at 4:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3252 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 4:59 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
I have one of our Hercs (you probably do too I guess), along with M-SNAP.. Best reg in a while. My other fave has been C-GUAC. I LOVE avocados, guacamole. Off topic, maybe, but delicious. Just had some on a burger, nom.



Edit:

As to your question, and back on topic I don't have anything here. Although our displays probably look the same.
LOL...the banter...love it.
Reply With Quote
  #3253 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:02 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Hehehe, thanks for understanding. Blame the couple of drinks with said burger. Sam Adams Octoberfest is a treat I wait a year for and the less nerdy half brought home a case today.
Reply With Quote
  #3254 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:14 PM
NE1C4NSC4N's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonnyville, AB
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
Hehehe, thanks for understanding. Blame the couple of drinks with said burger. Sam Adams Octoberfest is a treat I wait a year for and the less nerdy half brought home a case today.
Lol, nice Bummer on the no show..yet at least.
Reply With Quote
  #3255 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:18 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Yeah, looks like we're back to same old. 767s and the occasional C-17. Had a VC-32 a few mins ago. Other than M-SNAP that is. A340s move outta their way I bet.

Oh speaking of VC-32s, is it tinfoil hat territory to think they're sometimes used to ferry Special Forces teams around? I read that once recently, but it might have been on a tinfoil hat site.

Hey speaking of A340s there's a German AF one just past Look heading our way Ian.

Last edited by darrylcn; 10-23-2013 at 5:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3256 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:23 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
Yeah, looks like we're back to same old. 767s and the occasional C-17. Had a VC-32 a few mins ago. Other than M-SNAP that is. A340s move outta their way I bet.

Oh speaking of VC-32s, is it tinfoil hat territory to think they're sometimes used to ferry Special Forces teams around? I read that once recently, but it might have been on a tinfoil hat site.

Hey speaking of A340s there's a German AF one just past Look heading our way Ian.
I thought the VP used a VC-32...
If it was a C-32B tail # 00-9001...could have been interesting...
The Aviationist The "black" USAF C-32B….Live on Flightradar24

Last edited by looknlisten; 10-23-2013 at 5:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3257 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:25 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Nope, it was 98-0002. That's the site I was on though. I think I got an email from Ian one day and looked up the serial and happened across that very site.
Reply With Quote
  #3258 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:29 PM
looknlisten's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CYQI, AR20 CP
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
Nope, it was 98-0002. That's the site I was on though. I think I got an email from Ian one day and looked up the serial and happened across that very site.
So it probably was the Vice President.
Reply With Quote
  #3259 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 5:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax NS
Posts: 1,538
Default

Oh ok. Didn't know that specific plane was reserved for him. Neat.
Reply With Quote
  #3260 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2013, 9:42 PM
Mark's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Northeast Maryland
Posts: 4,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looknlisten View Post
That fits the bill, Mark.
Thanks for the heads up....hopefully I can get some good comms recorded.
I loaded up some additional freqs just incase.
Guess I got fooled with that Air Res..
Seems just Langley crew members on a C-17 and chartered pax jet came back today.
The F-22's themselves came back last weekend so don't know who that Air Res was for today that seems to have been cancelled.
Sorry bout that..Guess 2+2 does not equal 5..


Raptors return to Langley AFB after a money-saving deployment - dailypress.com

Mark
__________________
'Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Last edited by Mark; 10-23-2013 at 9:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions