Changes in Minto, NB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hi All.

Has there been any radio system changes or frequency changes to any of the radio systems in and around Minto NB recently?

Thanks Sheldon.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
ANB, DTI,DNR, OFM, ENV, Moncton Fire and Fredericton Police and Fire have all been on the Maritime Public Safety Radio Network for awhile now.

RCMP, Provincial fire departments, Saint John Police and Fire, Provincial parks and other numerous agencies are in the process of migrating.

astiles

Hi All.

Has there been any radio system changes or frequency changes to any of the radio systems in and around Minto NB recently?

Thanks Sheldon.

Yeah if your listening to old VHF frequencies, you won't hear much except for local volunteer fire departments and still RCMP in that area. Keep in mind RCMP will disappear in that area soon once they switch to encrypted on the new TMR system.

Fredericton area is very quiet these days unless you have trunking scanner capable of listening to P25 system and the Fredericton Police is encrypted.

se

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. Put it this way. What Can I monitor with my Ubiden BCD536hp? Should I invest in an outdoor antenna here in Minto?

Thanks Sheldon.

astiles

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. Put it this way. What Can I monitor with my Ubiden BCD536hp? Should I invest in an outdoor antenna here in Minto?

Thanks Sheldon.

That scanner is capable of listening to the new TMR. Now you just need to program the scanner for all the new TMR talkgroups such as ANB, Fredericton Fire, DNR, DIT, EMO etc. However you will not get any of the Police services that are encrypted.

I suggest getting familiar with programing software for that unit and you can program it at home using the database from RadioReference. You will need to purchase the software to program, one time license fee and get a premium subscriber member ship here and then you can keep up to date with the changes when groups switch to NB TMR.

Outside antenna will help but not always necessary depending on your location. Minto is pretty flat right?

mciupa

Database Admin
Just use the Sentinel software for your scanner. No purchase necessary. Copy the Full Database into a Favourite List. Now, you can make modifications to the favourite list, like adding talkgroups or new frequencies.

You are well positioned in Minto to catch Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton and even northern Nova Scotia on the MPSRN trunk system. An outdoor antenna will really help.

When I was in Moncton and Halifax in early August, there was really nothing to listen to but MPSRN.

Status
Not open for further replies.