RCMP - Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie764

does anyone have the latest codes for rcmp?

i am fairly new to scanning but i am wondering if someone can help me out with the codes and proper setup for rcmp for newfoundland on the avalon the ones i have now doesnt work anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

newfie764

why cant i?

ive been using it for past few months but now when i turn it on i get some of the conversation and then i just get a loud buzzing noise for most other conversations

mciupa

You have an analog radio. They are on a digital system. Not compatible.

newfie764

ok thanks but why can i still hear some of the conversations but others are just a loud beeping noise i'm still pretty new to this just trying to understand is all but if they where all digital like you said then i shouldnt be able to pick up anything or at least i would think so like i said im a newbie just trying to learn some things what would be a good device to get then that isnt to expensive

ve1sef

There are(or use to be) two different radio systems used by the RCMP in Newfoundland. Most of the island using
the P25 digital trunking system and a EDACS trunking system (on Avalon Peninsula) on which the RCMP were analog
VHF .Which is why your "ham" radio receive it.
There were areas on the peninsula where outside interference would over ride the RCMP frequency.
A proper trunk-tracking scanner would be able to follow it. At last time I was there on vacation in 2012
you could.

Having said that, I suspect the RCMP may have gone to full encryption, which is a Canada wide thing.
Which no scanner or commercial radios can monitor. To do so would be illegal.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Is it possible to pick up digital?

It's possible to monitor clear digital with a scanner - not with a Baofeng ham radio.

However RCMP and RNC are encrypted on their digital trunked system. No radio will decode encryption except an official radio with the proper decryption key (and you're not going to get that unless you're an RCMP or RNC member).

Status
Not open for further replies.