A request to Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_NZ

For those of you folks that are in the Australia/New Zealand area.
I submit this idea of an on-line petition to ask Uniden America to please consider releasing their equipment and support in this area of the globe.

We are not demanding that Uniden do anything, what we are looking to do however, is a "show of hands" and try and make the sales arm of Uniden see that there is still a motive market down in this region of the world for their radio scanning products.

I realise that this may be a pretty long shot, but if we can get as many signatures as we can, maybe it might be taken somewhat seriously, it might even be the first of manufacturers listening to their customers.

There has been a few people that have imported scanners here from the US, only to find they don't agree with the Aus/NZ band-plans/frequency steps.

An on-line store would be great, but then again, we need to get dialouge on this.

Petition can be found here:
A request to Uniden America Petition

slylingus

We will still buy them

Uniden will support AUSTRALIA when the CFA Go Digital.
Or they Can get off the Boat.
Cheers Sly

questnz

Best scenario would be if one of the Australian distributors start selling GRE scanners. Or Uniden wake up or loose scanner market in Australasia for ever! I am sure we all drop would Uniden and support GRE product in this parts of the world.

Chris

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
yeah but unfortunatly every distributor seems to think no one wants scanners anymore now they cant hear the police...but they are wrong!

longreach

Feed Provider
Hi all, yeah i dont know about that. their has been a definate drop off with scanner users and lts be honest the casual user isnt going to buy a trunking scanner or god forbid a digital one. most people i know in my locale listen to the police and thats it, might tune in occasionally if a bushfire is on but thats the limit of it.
while there is plenty of interesting stuff to listen to the casual listener just dont care, just want it programmed to police, RFS(mostly police) and just hit scan.
cheers
Matt

EG

Mike I just saw this posted on Unidens facebook page
304260_10150378493757655_92508157654_8584975_621838926_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.