someone please help me with seymour cfa freqeuncys

Status
Not open for further replies.

smipe2001

fire season is coming up in my district and for some reason everytime i try and listen to our cfa control channel 162.2875mhz everyone just sounds all mumbled and scattered and the reception just fades in and out. i know this is not a problem with my antenna's or radio's. i dont understand how when im in melb i can hear all of the seymour area clear as a bell but in seymour all i get is this mumbled scatter. same with the ses in melb i can hear them on smr but in seymour all i get is ambo's can someone please help me due to i rely heavily on my scanner during fire season to keep my neighborhood safe and informed of any dangers.
there are rumours going round that the rural cfa has gone digital i find this to be a big myth considering i am hearing them in melb on a conventional scanner and in seymour all i hear is mumbled voices if they were digital id hear nothing at all. if anyone can help or knows freqeuncys for the ses and cfa in seymour please reply on this forum or email me at vkcpolice@hotmail.com cheers

radioaustralia

VIC Database Admin
Database Admin
i try and listen to our cfa control channel 162.2875mhz everyone just sounds all mumbled and scattered and the reception just fades in and out
Have you tried listening in on these frequencies?
163.2625 - Under 40km away
163.2875 - Under 40km away
163.5000 - Under 15km away

The frequency that you are trying to listen in on 162.2875 has three CFA towers in Victoria, one being 190km away, the next being 265km away, and the last one in Melbourne is 80km away.

I suspect that you are not listening to your local frequency / channel, and when you travel closer in towards Melbourne you are closer to the tower you have tuned in at home in Seymour, hence why you are getting it "clear as a bell".

But my first step would be to try one of the frequencies I have posted above as in all likelihood one will be "clear as a bell", but remember to use the 162.2875 frequency when traveling to Melbourne.

If in doubt send me a recording of what you are hearing to radioaustralia@radioreference.com and I will see if I can troubleshoot this for you.

same with the ses in melb i can hear them on smr but in seymour all i get is ambo's can someone please help me due to i rely heavily on my scanner during fire season to keep my neighborhood safe and informed of any dangers.

For the SES in your area, they may infact be on SMR however the frequencies below are still listed as being current;

Also keep in mind that there are two things that could also be a potential when listening to the SES, first that they are not using their radios when you are trying to listen in, and secondly, that you may be listening to the wrong SMR frequencies / tower.

smipe2001

Hi thx for your reply however when i travel to melb im listening on a complketely differnt frequencys than what i am at home and the freqeuncys you posted i am having no luck with thx anyway someone told me there digital but i think thats a load of crap cause if it was digital you would not be able to hear anything at all. sounds more like they have a scrambler on or something cause i once had a uhf radio that you could scramble your signal i dont know im bout to give the hobby up

smipe2001

and sorry the frequency i use in seymour is 163.2875 not 162.2875 ill try and capture some video for yo

SecretScanner

Try these 3 Freq

D12A 161.012500
D12B 161.225000
D12C 161.137500

The current radio programing doesn't show a Voting group for D12 but it does show this IMC Repeater

IMC 90 163.262500 Mt Broughton (District12)

No the CFA is not scrambling the signal and although they are slowly moving to digital they have not done it yet. You just have a Frequency problem.

smipe2001

hi thx got those frequency's already there not being used anymore they used to be car to car local talk i belive the frequency i have seems to be the only one i hear shepp broadford seymour however even when the scanner shows full reception it keeps breaking up does the same on my portable ezi130 so i think i might just be too far away from he repeater even though im right in he centre of town so if i cant pick it up i dont know how the cfa do i use an outdoor 18ft antenna aswell so yea not sure whats going on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.