Event Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Big Bash League (BBL) Scanning at Utas Stadium

Today the Big Bash League (BBL) was in town, playing two games at Utas Stadium. I had noticed some advertising for this a few weeks ago and thought it would make a good / interesting scanning target. In the past I had scanned and searched the bands when AFL games have been on at this location and have logged a number of interesting frequencies.

Today I arrived about half an hour before the gates opened, my thoughts being that this would give me a chance to catch any interesting radio traffic as they were setting up and first letting people in. I parked in a side street and then placed my UBCD396XT in "Close Call Auto Store" mode before walking past the ground, this logged a couple of frequencies. I then went and found a park bench just outside the ground and sat here for an hour searching the bands. Below are my results and some photos.

Overall I was very pleased with what frequencies I was able to find and found it an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

Photos: The Geeky Radio Enthusiast: Big Bash League (BBL) Scanning at Utas Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.