SOG Frequecnies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Does anybody have a list of frequencies used by the various SOG / TRG / TOU teams around Australian? I understand they can't be "heard", I am just interested in what frequencies they are on.

rustynswrail

Work it out.

Because "they can't be heard" how does anyone know who is using a specific frequency?

You have answered your own question.

R

pb_lonny

Good luck with that given they're encrypted. Suspect they may be using trunked radio systems but cant be 100% sure.
Cheers

Thanks I know they are encrypted. They used to be up around 489MHz, I was not sure if they still were. I don't want to listen to them, just know when they are active.

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
The 488/489MHz allocations were for SACPAV (later National Counter-Terrorism Committee) taskings by the Police Tactical Groups. Defence also had access to them.

In Victoria our SOG had SACPAV for national and state needs / taskings and then DVP on some of the UHF 64 Channel allocation.

Since the MMR Network came along replacing 64 Channel allocations they have a multitude of TG (encrypted) on there. Both trunking and conventional.

The issue of maintaining the SACPAV allocations was raised by several state and federal agencies during a ACMA band review a few years ago.

I believe the SACPAV channels were used by VicPol SOG and TasPol SOG with success during Port Arthur.

Last time I checked there were still a couple of allocations under Defence in the aforementioned band.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pb_lonny

Thanks for the information, exactly what I wanted to know. I will track down my old list and program some in.

Status
Not open for further replies.