P25RX Firmware Updates / Testing

btt

Banned
Banned
Firmware update notifications and related testing for the P25RX receiver will be posted in this thread.

Version 2021-01-10_1043 is available on the web site. This version fixes an issue that was causing the update process to stop for some users.

freqseeker

When updating to 1-10 1043 the firmware update failed. The power led was on and the signal and talkgroup leds would go solid then flash flash, then repeat. Power reset did nothing. I did the hard reset procedure to force into boot loader and reflashed. I lost all talkgroup info (of course) and loaded from my saved CSV file. All is fine now.
Any idea what may have happened? It didn't lose power during update.

btt

Banned
Banned
When updating to 1-10 1043 the firmware update failed. The power led was on and the signal and talkgroup leds would go solid then flash flash, then repeat. Power reset did nothing. I did the hard reset procedure to force into boot loader and reflashed. I lost all talkgroup info (of course) and loaded from my saved CSV file. All is fine now.
Any idea what may have happened? It didn't lose power during update.
There is a change in the latest releases that forces a reset at the end of saving the configuration if the operating mode is not P25. This was done because of an issue with the NXDN mode that needs a reset after configuration before it works correctly. Were you in DMR or NXDN mode when you did the firmware update? I can try removing that and see what happens.

freqseeker

It was in P25 mode. I will see if it happens again on the next firmware update. I just reported it in case someone has it happen.
It has been receiving very well with the new update.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Was able to update to 1-10 1043 without an issue this morning. Testing on a P2 system, when you check "Enable Log To File" in Console what is the name of the file created?
It should create the file in the same directory/folder that the BTConfig.exe file is in. The file name will be something like BTConfig-2021-01-10-xxxx_conlog.txt

pdhall54

Premium Subscriber
It should create the file in the same directory/folder that the BTConfig.exe file is in. The file name will be something like BTConfig-2021-01-10-xxxx_conlog.txt
Searched everywhere could not find any instances of *conlog.txt. Not a big deal just wanted to be able to archive in case they were needed.

btt

Banned
Banned
I'm in production/testing mode currently. Then sales/shipping mode next, then more firmware! I will be adding the ability to give each roaming entry an alpha_tag soon. This will be used to display the system name in the BTConfig software as well as the upcoming touch-display.

btt

Banned
Banned
It is a minor change. Some people were having issues with the software getting into a 'loop'. This version is an attempt to fix that. If it is working for you, you can probably skip this one.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
It has been very quiet on these forums lately. My P25RX is working great monitoring 3 control channels with no problems at all in Chester County, PA.

Todd, any updates on the display unit or any future software updates?

freqseeker

Quiet usually means everything is working good. My P25RX is never turned off. I monitor one system, haven't really tried multiple systems yet. It's on my to do list. I almost have too many hobbies going at once....

btt

Banned
Banned
Sorry for the delay in response. I'm in the middle of getting more units ready to go. I might have another firmware update soon. As for the display, myself and one other person are testing now. It is working good, but it has become clear that there is a large electronic component shortage happening. I grabbed what I could for building more P25RX units. The display has several parts in common with the P25RX. I may need to re-design the display to use different components that are currently available.

epersson

Feed Provider
Sorry for the delay in response. I'm in the middle of getting more units ready to go. I might have another firmware update soon. As for the display, myself and one other person are testing now. It is working good, but it has become clear that there is a large electronic component shortage happening. I grabbed what I could for building more P25RX units. The display has several parts in common with the P25RX. I may need to re-design the display to use different components that are currently available.
If you need someone else to test let me know. I’ll be in FL with 3-6 P25 P2 systems the end of the week. I’ll happily subject myself to the rigors of a beta test. 😁

Reactions: btt