would/could like to put up a live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Not quite sure where to post this. With the addition of Live Audio to RR, perhaps there should be a Live Audio section in the forums...? Maybe I've missed it?

I have the spare scanners, computer and network resources available to put up a live feed from Alameda County, CA. Potentially, I could offer City of Alameda or any city which uses the Alameda County system in the Bay Area, an Oakland Feed (while they stay on their current system), or anything else in the area. Part of my conundrum is that scanning these systems in an "open" mode would be useless - there's just too much traffic. For example, I could put the Oakland system up but obviously, scanning all the talkgroups at once would be un-listenable and ultimately useless to someone wishing to listen in on Oakland.

How does one determine the demand for such a feed? How does one select talkgroups which may be relevant to other feed listeners? Or does one just put it up and allow the feed to become useful? If there is something from my area that people are looking for and I could provide, where is that posted??

I would like to get involved, but I'm unsure how to proceed along these lines. How do I narrow down what I can offer versus what others are seeking?

any thoughts?

landonjensen

Might want to take a poll in the CA forum, or here in this forum, and see what people in that area want to hear, and also put what you can receive... Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.