Feed Archive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
In my feed archives for my scanner, it seems to play them backwards. It starts out with the end of the broadcast, then near the middle is where it really starts and then plays normally, but to hear the end, you have to go back to the beginning. I found this really weird. And it does it on all my archive files.. A bug maybe?? Anyone else have this problem?

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I listened to an example he gave me and it does indeed sound like what he's describing. I've forwarded the problem on to Lindsay to take a look at, I'm not sure how the problem could exist with the way the audio is recorded and archived.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I listened to an example he gave me and it does indeed sound like what he's describing. I've forwarded the problem on to Lindsay to take a look at, I'm not sure how the problem could exist with the way the audio is recorded and archived.

Thanks Gordon. I'm not sure as to what it could be either, so thats why I passed it on to you. Hope it's fixable!

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Gordon,

Something else i noticed with my archived files.

When i try to download them, they just open in a player and begin playing as if you were to click play/listen. They dont download at all.

Is this normal? Or is something wrong?

Thanks
Daniel

theshadowman

Feed Provider
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...
That may depend on your default settings for that particular file. That aside, if you click the speaker icon it will stream, if you choose the little arrow doo-dad below the speaker icon, it will download in mp3 format, assuming your default settings for that file are set accordingly - at least in Firefox anyway.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Correct, if Web Player is your default player, once you select the time you want to listen to, a player embedded in the page will begin playing the clip. You can download the clip by clicking on the down-arrow icon on the right-side of the page.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...
That may depend on your default settings for that particular file. That aside, if you click the speaker icon it will stream, if you choose the little arrow doo-dad below the speaker icon, it will download in mp3 format, assuming your default settings for that file are set accordingly - at least in Firefox anyway.

Correct, if Web Player is your default player, once you select the time you want to listen to, a player embedded in the page will begin playing the clip. You can download the clip by clicking on the down-arrow icon on the right-side of the page.

Alright, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.