Please turn your Mic OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtidd

Database Admin
This is a note to feed owners who have a microphone in or connected to your computer.

Please make sure your computer microphone is OFF or MUTED and set your Mic volume all the way down.

If you have an external Mic, disconnect it when not in use.

We are seeing (hearing) a number of feeds with open Mic's.

In these cases, feed listeners are hearing all house hold sounds and conversations.

Remember, if you leave your Mic on, everything you say is heard by others and may be used against you in the court of public opinion.

You also embarrass yourself and all those in the house.

So, please turn your Mic OFF

vk3hau

Feed Provider
Hi Richard, I have PM a feed provider twice now last week, on his channel he has a open microphone and I have just checked again tonight and the feed still has the open microphone, can hear there conversation, key board typing, dinner plate / knifes / forks, TV and Kids playing, the link to the feed is

Country Fire Authority D13 and D8

Yours , VK3HAU Michael Wain.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hi Richard, I have PM a feed provider twice now last week, on his channel he has a open microphone and I have just checked again tonight and the feed still has the open microphone, can hear there conversation, key board typing, dinner plate / knifes / forks, TV and Kids playing, the link to the feed is

Country Fire Authority D13 and D8

Yours , VK3HAU Michael Wain.

Thank

I will look into it.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
None of my computers have Microphones attached so I can't see this being a problem on my feed. LOL

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Makes it so much more intertaining

eaf1956

Feed Provider
We did have another local guy doing a feed and I had to tell him to shut his mic off a few times. He doesn't do feeds any longer.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Another thing audio feed providers need to do after setting up their feed......LISTEN TO IT ! Many feeds are over driven with audio or have nasty hum it's sad.

Log in and listen to your feed just like a end user would. If it sounds bad, please address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.