Coming Soon, Premium Feed Broadcaster Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, I am excited to announce that in early June we will release a premium feed broadcaster offering. This is primarily intended for public safety agencies and commercial entities, however any feed broadcaster could upgrade their feed. The features include:

1) 90 day archive retention
2) Ability to automatically trim dead air from archives
3) Brand free set of Web players
4) No ads on your Web players or feeds
5) User defined lead-in audio feature
6) Private Feed support with delegated administration (you can restrict access to your feed to only users that you specify)
7) Complete access to all mount points and server details - do what you want with your feed, anywhere, anytime.
8) Full archive access via API to display archive files and lists on your sites/systems.
9) Full downloadable statistics

Our current offerings will not change, and you reserve the right to switch between being a normal RR feed broadcaster or a premium broadcaster at any time.

The cost for this offering will be $14.95/month per feed.

Look for more details coming soon, including the release date.

Warm regards,

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
This sounded too good that I've decided to sacrifice one of my 2 Godaddy web hosting accounts for $14.99 to get this. I hope this will be really soon (or allow people to get any head start if not soon)

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I am taking it you will be able to pay for this through PayPal. Also is their any plans for say a discount for paying for 6 months or anything? I really like the 90 day archives and the ability to trim the "dead audio" from them.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting! Now you no longer need to record scanner audio for extended periods of time to a local drive.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I am curious to know how you are going to automatically remove the dead air from the archived audio. Is it a simple Linux command, or is there some more magic involved?? If you prefer, you can PM me the details.. I'm currently sending in 3 of my feeds to RR, and I may be setting up a 4th to send RR's way.

n8zrp

Lindsay,

Being that this will be a paid service that will have access controls - will the the Feed Provider Terms of Service still apply or will it have different Terms of Service?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, we will send an announcement out to all the providers.

Currently we're a little behind right now in getting this released, but we're hoping we can get it in production by the beginning of July.

Thanks!

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The cost for this offering will be $14.95/month per feed.

So If I read this correctly, it is $14.95 per month per feed. If I wanted this on the feeds I sent to RR, I have to pay for each feed?? I'm already sending 3 feeds..

It is my understanding that the archived audio is currently only for download for RR premium members, is that correct?? That wouldn't change, would it?? I'm seeing that you will offer us to put the archives on our own webpages - but it would still require a RR membership to download? I'm confused (sorry). But, I'm just looking for clarification.. I currently have my OWN feeds being archived to my OWN site from my OWN server.. The archived audio was not a reason for me to relay my feeds to RR. I did it so more people would have access to them via the RR site...

That being said...
Finally - the user filtering... When I signed up as a RR broadcaster, I didn't realize that 3rd party apps would also have access to use the RR feeds.. I really only wanted to have RR to have access to my feeds and not the 3rd party apps. Is this something that will be part of the premium package, or can this be setup for free on each feed??

Thanks - and good job by the RR team!

Status
Not open for further replies.