Audio Issues using ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm still having issues related to the audio quality from the ScannerCast program. I had been using Oddcast from the ScanAmerica days with no problems.

I recently wanted to switch to ScannerCast and after doing so, while listening to my feed, the audio has these bursts/cutouts and I cannot figure out what is causing them. I've tried to feed on two different desktops and laptops, and the issue is still there.

As stated previously, this issue doesn't happen with OddCast.

Can a few of you please take a look and tell me what you think is the cause?

Thanks!

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I will also add that while listening on the iPhone using 5-0 Radio, the audio problem isn't there, although the audio will cut out and then repeat it's self, kind of like a CD skipping.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Just spent a few moments monitoring your feed (with Winamp). It sounds excellent to me. The levels seem good, the audio is nice and clear.

It also looks like you're not running ScannerCast at the moment, so... I'm a bit confused.

Peter
K1PGV

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Peter,

I just changed it back to ScannerCast. It was getting so bad last night that I switched back to using Oddcast/Edcast.

I guess it shouldn't matter which one I use, but I really like the simplicity of the ScannerCast.

Take a listen again for me and tell me what you think.

04Z1V6

What version of scannercast are you running. Peter when I hear the "skipping" sound it sounds like the problem with the older version.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I think all your problems will disappear.

I hope so....

I did find something interesting though. I downloaded the full ScannerCast program off of Peter's site, and manually inserted all the server settings, and its working perfectly. Now I'm really confused....

sfd119

Maybe your dl corrupted from RR. Try downloading it again?

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Maybe your dl corrupted from RR. Try downloading it again?

I've tried that multiple times on different computers, all with the same result of choppy audio. When I manually insert all the feed server information in the full version of ScannerCast, the audio is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.