Time Stamping of Archived Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It appears a several of the feed archives have wrong time stamping in the archives. Many of the Canadian ones are off as well as the US. This may not be the proper location within the forum for this posting but after several times through looking for something I gave up and came here.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The filenames themselves are named with the local timestamp of the server.

However, we account for timezones for the archives when you browse or search for archives.

SCPD

QRT
I think I understand what you are referring to but what I mean is the times are not current. For instance as I write this it is 5:53PM. If I go to The Greater Providence RI area feed and go to archives the latest time is 09:58-10:28PM for today's date. That is what I am referring to. There is no way that's accurate.

SCPD

QRT
It appears Sydney Area Fire Service feed is off. Currently it is 8:54 pm here in FLA making it 10:54am Sunday the 8th there. The current time segment listed in the archived audio is 12:56 to 01:26 am .. the 8th.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I updated most of the Australian feeds this morning. Many of the international locations don't have timezones assigned to them yet due to us not being able to programmatically get timezone information like we can for US Counties from the US Census.

The Australian timezone "9.5" is going to take some work for us to implement.... we'll get it on the list.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks.. I was just looking at a time zone map and the Outback has 3 time zones.. The West Coast is 12 hours ahead, then the central at 13 hours (with a little jog in there somewhere it seems which I think is what you are referring to) then the East Coast is 14 hours.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Chatham-Kent and Middlesex archive timestamps are out of whack

I have found that Chatham-Kent and Middlesex archives have incorrect times.

FYI, most all of Ontario, including southern, midwestern and eastern Ontario are in the Eastern Time Zone. The far western part of Ontario west of 90 degrees lattitude is in the Central Time Zone.

Thanks for your attention to this!
Len.

Status
Not open for further replies.