Audio admin needs to look into Saltgrass Link Systems Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5nox

Premium Subscriber
Saltgrass Link System Feed in Texas is listed as a statewide radio system but the system only has repeaters in 22 counties in the Galveston and Houston Area. It should not be in every county feed page
It is only my opinion and I am defiantly not complaining but I think we need to keep the frequency database and audio descriptions correct for our listeners and viewers. It needs to be described as an area wide network not a state wide and not put on every county’s live audio page in the state. Only the counties where the repeaters systems resides in.

richtidd

Database Admin
Saltgrass Link System Feed in Texas is listed as a statewide radio system but the system only has repeaters in 22 counties in the Galveston and Houston Area. It should not be in every county feed page
It is only my opinion and I am defiantly not complaining but I think we need to keep the frequency database and audio descriptions correct for our listeners and viewers. It needs to be described as an area wide network not a state wide and not put on every county’s live audio page in the state. Only the counties where the repeaters systems resides in.

We list feeds as either the feed owner requests or as we think best for the feed.

Wide area repeater systems are tough as they are a wide area & include many counties & often in several states.

Sometimes we go state wide when there are many counties because it is easier than listing in 20, 30 or 40 counties in a state or when the county info is not available or when we know it is a large region of a state as we can only list the counties or statewide.

This is our call.

We cannot do something like just Southern Tx.

I was able to find the county listing & was able to do just the counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.