Transmit Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIC105

Feed Provider
I have a Uniden BCD996XT, "Wanting to make sure my theory is true"
If I wanted to transmit "record" one freq and I set up in recording settings. Attach to PC and load live audio program can I still allow the scanner to scan the other channels and still provide a feed?

Sorry if terminology is incorrect....

brian209

Feed Provider
Let's say you have your local Police, Fire, EMS, Public Works and Mall in your scanner. You can hook the audio from the scanner up to the computer and then record it and provide a live feed to radioreference. But, the feed will be whatever the scanner is scanning, meaning that Police, Fire, EMS, Public Works and the local Mall would all be sent to the Live Feed.

If you want to provide a feed with just the Fire, you would need a second scanner.

I hope that answered your question.

Brian

NCIC105

Feed Provider
Do I understand correctly that they only want one department?
As in if you are going to transmit Anderson CO. SO. you should not scan anything but that freq.?

I was thinking if you could record the one dept and then play back with a little delay you could still scan all freq's..
According to what i read I can set this unit up to record the freq's I select....or to record all...

Guess it is not as simple as my mind thinks...Guess that comes with getting older! hahha

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
When you talk about recording 1 frequency, are you talking about just the RR archives recording that 1 frequency or are you recording that 1 frequency just on your own computer?

Your live feed on RR will broadcast whatever the scanner stops on and the RR archives will record the same. I believe you can use the "record out" function on the 396XT to record only 1 frequency to your own computer while it is still in scan.

Jason

NCIC105

Feed Provider
Yes, As I understand I can use the scanner to record only one channel..Wondered if I could have computer record this channel and send it for live monitor...If I can do this, I still should be able to scan.."I think".....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The way you phrased your question is pretty confusing, but I believe this is what you're asking?

"Using the Record Out feature of my 996XT, can I setup just 1 channel for this feature, then start a live feed based on that 1 channel? If yes, can I continue to use the scanner to listen to the other channels without sending them to my RadioReference feed?"

If that's what you're asking, the answer is yes. You can flag a single channel "Set Record" to "On", then change the system "Set Record" setting to "Marked Channels". The scanner will send only that channel's audio to the computer through the Record Out jack, which you can then feed to RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.