Error's on Scanner Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtidd

Database Admin
Before my feed gets deleted, Everytime I keep trying to launch the feed, I get an Microsoft. NET Framework error.. What's wrong? I've tried to restart it. nothings working... Please help.. e-mail me xtremechange@aol.com

Sounds like either you do not have Microsoft. NET Framework or what you have is not working.

Before you can run ScannerCast, you need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 (or later) installed on your computer. Vista or Windows 7 will already have the .NET Framework installed so you do not need to do anything.

Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 can be found here:
Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

The current 4.0v can be found here:
Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

labonte4444

I know what you are going through. My feed has been down for over 2 weeks, and I still haven't figured it out yet. I keep getting this message:

Radio Reference Feed Auto- Config Error( error 302)

Error accessing RR
Unable to connect to remote server.

I have worked with Kendrick from RR and still haven't figured out the problem.

I don't have a solution for your problem. Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one with a weird problem. From what I can tell there are other too that are having issues.

I have a thread right now on my issue: "Cannot login to broadcast feed (Scannercast)"

richtidd

Database Admin
I know what you are going through. My feed has been down for over 2 weeks, and I still haven't figured it out yet. I keep getting this message:

Radio Reference Feed Auto- Config Error( error 302)

Error accessing RR
Unable to connect to remote server.

I have worked with Kendrick from RR and still haven't figured out the problem.

I don't have a solution for your problem. Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one with a weird problem. From what I can tell there are other too that are having issues.

I have a thread right now on my issue: "Cannot login to broadcast feed (Scannercast)"

What happens if you try RadioFeed: RadioFeed Setup Instructions?

labonte4444

What happens if you try RadioFeed: RadioFeed Setup Instructions?

Rich,

I tried radiofeed for my problem, and it did not work. It would not connect. So then I downloaded Oddcast, and it works fine. The audio is not as good as the scannercast, had to adjust gain a lot, but it works. I'm still confused as to why scannercast would not work anymore or why radiofeed wouldn't work. I broadcast for 1 year with scannercast, and it worked fine til computer got a virus. No files where removed when repaired, and the only thing that was not working was scannercast.

richtidd

Database Admin
Rich,

I tried radiofeed for my problem, and it did not work. It would not connect. So then I downloaded Oddcast, and it works fine. The audio is not as good as the scannercast, had to adjust gain a lot, but it works. I'm still confused as to why scannercast would not work anymore or why radiofeed wouldn't work. I broadcast for 1 year with scannercast, and it worked fine til computer got a virus. No files where removed when repaired, and the only thing that was not working was scannercast.

Thanks

The only diff is SC & RF need the RR log in to connect to your account to feed from.

I will have your account access checked as it sounds like the problem is there.

Edit: First, are you sure that you have at least .net 2.0 installed & working on the feed computer?
SC & RF require this.
OddCast does not.
If you do not have it, see my first reply post for where to get it.

Last edited:

labonte4444

Thanks. I know it is there, as I have Vista and it comes with .NET frameworks. I have checked it out, and everything appears to be working on it (Kendric had me check this too). I am working again tonight, so it will be tomorrow before I can double check it.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin

Did you see my last question?
First, are you sure that you have at least .net 2.0 installed & working on the feed computer?
SC & RF require this.
OddCast does not.
If you do not have it, see my first reply post for where to get it.

labonte4444

I know it is there, as I have Vista and it comes with .NET frameworks. I have checked it out, and everything appears to be working on it (Kendric had me check this too). I am working again tonight, so it will be tomorrow before I can double check it. I will just use your link and download the v2.0.

richtidd

Database Admin
I know it is there, as I have Vista and it comes with .NET frameworks. I have checked it out, and everything appears to be working on it (Kendric had me check this too). I am working again tonight, so it will be tomorrow before I can double check it. I will just use your link and download the v2.0.

Try with SC again, but, before doing so, click on the Advanced tab in the app and change the Logging Level setting to Detailed.

After you try again and it fails again send the ScannerCast.log log file to my e-mail address or post it here.

Also try RadioFeed again & send me the log file or post it here.

Perhaps this will show something.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, I will. Probably a dumb question, but, I suppose I will need to stop the Oddcast before trying SC or RF?

I'm curious as to where the problem is.

Does SC or RF start up OK?
With RF, can you log in with your user name and password? Do you get an error message?
Does the boxes populate with info such as description, host name, etc?

richtidd

Database Admin
I'm curious as to where the problem is.

Does SC or RF start up OK?
With RF, can you log in with your user name and password? Do you get an error message?
Does the boxes populate with info such as description, host name, etc?

To: labonte4444

I will contact you via e-mail.
Please only reply there.

XtremeChange

Premium Subscriber
It was working absolutely fine and I happen to bump the power supply which i suppose wasn't pushed in all the way and ever since then, when I click on ScannerCast, it takes a second to load, then I get an error. If I click " OK " and basically YES it do death... It'll start up... and log into RR account however the INPUT section is blank..

Sounds like either you do not have Microsoft. NET Framework or what you have is not working.

Before you can run ScannerCast, you need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 (or later) installed on your computer. Vista or Windows 7 will already have the .NET Framework installed so you do not need to do anything.

Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 can be found here:
Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

The current 4.0v can be found here:
Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

jewie27

I can't connect

my feed was down for 1 day becauce of computer troubles. Now my computer is working, I can't connect..... Is my feed deleted? This is not fair, I'm new and have had this for less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.