USB sound with line in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
I have successfully installed Scannercast on a Wyse 9150SE XPe Thin Client for hosting my feed. I plan on documenting the procedure and posting it for all to use.

One item I overlooked was the thin client only has a MIC In(mono) and I am running a stereo feed.

Can someone recommend a USB sound adapter with Line In that will work with XPe?

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I was able to get a Soundblaster Live! USB 24 Bit External device working with an HP5720 TC running XPe SP2. Of course you'll need to attach an external CD-ROM drive to it to install the software. I chose a simple "drivers only" install.

This device will appear to install as soon as it is plugged in but to properly use the Line In it requires the actual drivers to be installed.

richtidd

Database Admin
I have successfully installed Scannercast on a Wyse 9150SE XPe Thin Client for hosting my feed. I plan on documenting the procedure and posting it for all to use.

One item I overlooked was the thin client only has a MIC In(mono) and I am running a stereo feed.

Can someone recommend a USB sound adapter with Line In that will work with XPe?

I am currently using a iMic on a HP ThinClient.
No problems & any drivers self loaded.
Griffin Technology: iMic - USB Audio Interface

They work great. Switchable Mic or Line

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input I was able to get a SoundBlaster Live MP3 External for cheap which looks like it is going to work.

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info I was able to successfully get it setup with ScannerCast and a SoundBlaster MP3 external USB sound card.

wyse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.