Live Audio Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I was curious if the Admins and Lindsay would like a sticky for people to list what suggestions they would like to see on the feed platform?

Something for the back burner from me, is possibly displaying the feed "average listener" count in the Top 50 section. I'm not sure if that would use up to much processing resources though.

Jason

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I think it would be better than having to create a thread for every suggestion :)

Maybe changing the title of it to something like "Live Audio Suggestions" or something of the sort.

Last edited:

Adenosine

I know there is the top feed list, how about when you filter by state having the top state feed. Base it daily or weekly, monthly average.

wpray35

I am looking for some tips on which software I can use for Radio Ref to listen to multiple broadcasts where I can have the ability to choose right or left channels for each application. For example I currently listen to 8 different radio refs at the same time. I need to follow fire dept only. A lot of feed have police on the right channel and fire on the left and v/v. Winamp allows me to close either right or left, but I can only have one winamp open and running, so the other 7 I am using the web application to listen and you have to listen to both channels. Anyone out there have a suggestion for me? THanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Winamp allows me to close either right or left, but I can only have one winamp open and running

In WinAmp's Options > Preferences > General Preferences, check the "Allow Multiple Instances" box

richtidd

Database Admin
I am looking for some tips on which software I can use for Radio Ref to listen to multiple broadcasts where I can have the ability to choose right or left channels for each application. For example I currently listen to 8 different radio refs at the same time. I need to follow fire dept only. A lot of feed have police on the right channel and fire on the left and v/v. Winamp allows me to close either right or left, but I can only have one winamp open and running, so the other 7 I am using the web application to listen and you have to listen to both channels. Anyone out there have a suggestion for me? THanks.

Actually this is not the place to ask this question as this forum section was intended to suggest Live Audio feed feature suggestions, but here is the answer:

WinAmp from the Live Audio Wiki. Directions for set up, listen left or right & to listen to multiple feeds etc.

ScannerLive - Turn your PC into an online-feed scanner! Official ScannerLive Forum and RR ScannerLive Forum

GWilson89

Live Audio Suggestion

I would love to have a live feed for Unified Fire Authority (Salt Lake County Fire). It appears that there was one at one time, but it shows as being deleted.

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
A left/right volume fade control option for us stereo feed providers, mounted on the feed, would be nice. It can be a challenge when both sides are busy and you want to follow something specific on one side only.

richtidd

Database Admin
A left/right volume fade control option for us stereo feed providers, mounted on the feed, would be nice. It can be a challenge when both sides are busy and you want to follow something specific on one side only.

Till that happens, you could simply turn one radio off.

When I listen to feeds, I do that using WinAmp that has left & right controls.
I also can do the same for ScannerRadio on Android.

Uplink

A way to remove Facebook comments from my feeds page.

I've had stale comments on the feed page sitting there for months that don't pertain to anything. (Seeing those same faces every time I click on the page can get old real fast too.)

And now, after last nights persuit, (on the web players popup page), I was seeing all kinds of people (multiple times!) posting links/ads trying to get people to go to visit their lame websites.

VA3XDJ

Hi,

As a new feed provider I have a few ideas and questions:

Is it possible to stream only when activity is detected - a vox with a buffer that only pushes data when system is active?

Is it possible to have software do low cut/high pass filter for reducing or eliminating 60Hz and below?

In my case I've calculated the feed output at about <200MB (megabytes) a day sent to RR server. Its not a big deal - only about 6 gigs a month - maybe someone can confirm?

For the hum I've tried ferrites everywhere and shutting off the laptops screen is the only solution leaving me with about <5% hum during idle periods.

There is no battery so there's no way to run it without power supply. I'm sure if there was the charger would cause additional hum.

Please check out my feed and let me know if audio level and hum is acceptable.

Thank you!

Michel

Last edited:

dxh

>Is it possible to stream only when activity is detected - a vox with a buffer that only pushes data when system is active?

+THIS

>Is it possible to have software do low cut/high pass filter for reducing or eliminating 60Hz and below?
+++THIS

You would think a tiny little bit of programming would be all that is required to add a little built in audio squech and high pass filtering to the audio streaming programs.

I was amazed that none of them had added these features.

Imagine all the bandwitdh that could be saved by not sending all those packets of HUM and NOISE.

VA3XDJ

Hi,

To whom it may concern.

I would like to know if it is possible and how to remove and/or supress the archives from my feed permanently for security reasons.

Thanks!

Michel

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hi,

To whom it may concern.

I would like to know if it is possible and how to remove and/or supress the archives from my feed permanently for security reasons.

Thanks!

Michel

This is something that really is not a "live audio suggestion", but anyhow, you can contact us directly with the info and we'll look into it.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.