Feed software shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtlfirebuff

Feed Provider
A strange event has happened for the last two nites.( This did not happen previously) At approximately 3:30AM each nite the streaming software provided by RR shutdown, cutting off the feed. I of course got the e-mail message which I only read when I woke up in the morning. The computer hosting the feed was running but not the software or the feed. I have not knowingly changed any settings. When I got up and got the message I restarted the software and the feed with no problems. Any ideas?

Feed is SIM Montreal Fire in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

K

kb0nly

Scannercast i assume???

Get Radiofeed from Proscan its free and won't do that. I had similar issues and changed software months ago.

n5ims

Do a search on the RR forums, the RR software does a reset around 3 AM each night to clear up an issue it was having. Others have had issues and solutions were given on how to correct them in the various threads. Without knowing the specifics of your issue, I can't search for you and provide you that thread's link. Here's one of the longer ones that may help you get started http://forums.radioreference.com/live-audio-administration/183997-feed-not-writeable.html

K

kb0nly

Exactly, thats why i asked if he was using Scannercast. Mine kept doing that, i tried all the stuff suggested in all the threads, but it still wouldn't go back online on its own after the reset. I switched to RadioFeed because i was using Proscan and that didn't go offline after weeks of testing, but Proscan seems to task the computer a bit more running two instances of it. So i started using RadioFeed, rock solid, doesn't drop. When my cable modem lease refreshes around 1am i lost about 15 seconds of feed looking at my uptime statistics, its automatically goes again on its own. Can't say enough good things about RadioFeed, fixed all my problems!

Wireman131

Upon reading this thread I immediately dumped Scannercast and went with the RadioFeed application. So far I like it and have not had an interruption yet. Scannercast was growing increasingly fussy on my computer and was not easy to shut down and restart. Always had to go to process manager and kill the scannercast process before reloading. RadioFeed seems to have a ton of options and looks to cover a wide range of equipment.

K

kb0nly

Upon reading this thread I immediately dumped Scannercast and went with the RadioFeed application. So far I like it and have not had an interruption yet. Scannercast was growing increasingly fussy on my computer and was not easy to shut down and restart. Always had to go to process manager and kill the scannercast process before reloading. RadioFeed seems to have a ton of options and looks to cover a wide range of equipment.

Its a nice piece of work they made thats for sure!!

exportdawg

Just downloaded it for my feeds and curious to see how it does over the next few weeks. I have had a few issues lately also

Status
Not open for further replies.