First time feed provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimgoss

Feed Provider
I just put up a feed for my FD and am using a Beacat 560 XLT scanner. My feed has some weird high pitched sound at the startof transmissions, but only on my FD's transmissions which are on UHF 460.3125 and 460.0875. I'm usin the mic since for the line in I can't seem to adjustthe record (input) level as I can with the mic's recording volume. I'm using a mono cable to the sound card, which I assume is a stereo input. Is this a big deal, as I getaudio on both channels. Scannercast is my streeaming software. I also have mic boost off, and my Realtek noise suppression on and acoustic echo filter on too. Could the volume be too high? My FD seems to have low audio overall so mayb I justhave the volume level too high. Just looking for feedback from anyone more experienced with feeds.

aedwards865

in the system tray of your computer you should see an icon that looks like a little speaker. If you right click you should get a pop-up with several options, one of which is "recording devices." Click that. There you should see a "level" meter that will help you set it. Use a WX frequency so you have a constant broadcast to set it with also.

Status
Not open for further replies.