Com Port Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

martell1289

I have a BCD396T scanner, I got it connected to com port 9 on my computer however, when I try to configure scannercast it only goes to 8, if I manually try to change the number to 9 it give an error saying the item is not bound to anything. Is there an update to scannercast that will correct this, please advise.

martell1289@comcast.net

SCPD

QRT
I don't have any information regarding an update for scannercast but I do have a few solutions to answer why scannercast is behaving this way.

Assuming you are using windows, open up device manager. This can be accomplished in Windows 7/Vista by right clicking on Computer, choose properties, and then choose Device manager on left. In Windows XP, right click on My Computer and choose properties, go to the hardware tab and click device manager.

Once in device manager, what shows up under Ports (COM & LPT)? If the com port here is not port 9 then Scannercast won't see it as 9.

Did you try restarting Scannercast? If a port is changed/updated a restart of Scannercast will be needed.

What makes you think it is on port 9 and not 8? Did you force it to be on port 9? Does port 8 work with Scannercast?

ak4fn

Use the post above to get to Device manager then change the comport to something Scannercast can use
0ApTx.jpg

cRbsg.jpg

0TsJ0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.