IPN - Incident Page Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi, How do I get IPN added to my live feed? I am an IPN Member and Dispatcher, I also have the Pictou County Public Safety Feed. Can someone help me along? I have seen it on other feeds.

Thanks!

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
As far as I know of the IPN stuff is only set up to be on the United State Feeds but I could be wrong.

mikev

IPN is available on the Feed Listing pages, down to the County level, when incidents are available at that level (for example, see the IPN box on this page listing feeds in Fairfax County, VA).

I don't believe there is any way to add IPN information to an individual feed page.That would need to be something done by the site, if they wanted to make such a change.

KF7VYC

As a Fellow Dispatcher you should know that the following Applies here

IPN does not allow there information to be shared except for specific sites such as RR they're guideline states
Chapter IV Copyright Statement
Sub Section C.
All notifications dispatched by IPN are protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property
laws, and may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or otherwise distributed
in any way, by any medium without the written consent of 911 Interactive Media, Inc. This includes social media venues
such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and any other venue in which information is publicly shared. Dispatchers who violate
this policy may potentially be removed from the dispatcher rewards program and the account may be terminated. All
accrued rewards points will be forfeited upon termination of the account. Should you decide to post notifications from
your own area which you are monitoring in these venues, they may not be in the same format as IPN. Reward points will
be adjusted in these instances because dispatchers are compensated for exclusive content.

so Radio Reference has this release with 911 Interactive Media and can post it on there site..

Hope this Clarifies Everything for you

WAS030

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Ok.....so again, how do I get it added to the site then? I know it wont get added directly to my feed but if it can be added to say, the State of Florida or County of Miami-Dade.... how do I get it for the Province of Nova Scotia?

KF7VYC

the only way is if that paticular county is in there chapter other than that most time its only IPN members that can see it anyway

dovy6

its only IPN members that can see it anyway
Untrue: I've got nothing to do with ipn and I see those boxes with alerts on some feeds

As a Fellow Dispatcher you should know that the following Applies here

IPN does not allow there information to be shared except for specific sites such as RR they're guideline states
Chapter IV Copyright Statement Sub Section C. All notifications dispatched by IPN are protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, and may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or otherwise distributed in any way, by any medium without the written consent of 911 Interactive Media, Inc. This includes social media venues such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and any other venue in which information is publicly shared. Dispatchers who violate this policy may potentially be removed from the dispatcher rewards program and the account may be terminated. All accrued rewards points will be forfeited upon termination of the account. Should you decide to post notifications from your own area which you are monitoring in these venues, they may not be in the same format as IPN. Reward points will be adjusted in these instances because dispatchers are compensated for exclusive content.

so Radio Reference has this release with 911 Interactive Media and can post it on there site..

Hope this Clarifies Everything for you
WAS030

Meaningless, as you can't actually copyright news. If its a fact, its not copyrightable. So there isn't actually anything to stop me from forwarding any ipn page about any fire or whatever, regardless of what their policies state.

ibagli

Meaningless, as you can't actually copyright news. If its a fact, its not copyrightable.

A fact itself can't be copyrighted, but text presenting a fact absolutely can be. For example, any newspaper can publish a story about a fire, but another newspaper can't just reprint it for free because the story is true. IPN is claiming that it's the text of the pages that's subject to copyright, not the facts they repeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.