help with two scanner feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

Hello all.
I can't seem to find the correct answer. If it's elsewhere, please share a link with me.
I have two feeds. I would like to stream them both through one computer. No sense tying up two computers like I am doing right now.
I have all the connections that I found here: Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki
My question is how does this exactly work? Is it up to the listener to decide what feed to list to by changing the balance on his/her end? Will I not notice anything on my end of the feed, hearing both feeds simultaneously? Thanks for any help.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hello all.
I can't seem to find the correct answer. If it's elsewhere, please share a link with me.
I have two feeds. I would like to stream them both through one computer. No sense tying up two computers like I am doing right now.
I have all the connections that I found here: Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki
My question is how does this exactly work? Is it up to the listener to decide what feed to list to by changing the balance on his/her end? Will I not notice anything on my end of the feed, hearing both feeds simultaneously? Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can run several feeds from one PC.
You need two scanners.
One for each feed.
Each feed needs a separate USB or internal sound card.
Each feed is pointed to a particular sound card.

You can run several instances of ScannerCast or RadioFeed.
One for each feed.

For ScannerCast, just put the .ini file name, what you would like to call it, example “scanner1.ini” in the command line as pictured. When you start ScannerCast with this line in there it will create the .ini (configuration file). Put the added file name in the command line of a shortcut icon.

For RadioFeed, just download & install for each feed
See here: Multiple Feed Configuration.

The other option is to so a stereo feed.
No additional new feed applications needed, just have us make any needed changes to feed description etc. However, if there are new agencies on the feed that causes a duplication of an existing feed, you may not be able to feed what you want. You may have to make changes.
Needs only the existing sound card.
Needs two scanners:
One for the Left Side.
One for the Right Side.
You set the broadcasting software to:
Bit Rate: 32kbs CBR for a stereo (duel) scanner feed.
Sample Rate: 22.050 khz
See here forSetting up your Broadcasting Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.