Three feeds on 1 PC and one is down while others up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Just got a message that one of my feeds has been down for sixteen minutes. The odd thing is that I'm sitting right next to the PC that has the feed, and it's working just fine. There are 3 feeds on that PC (that's all that PC does), and the other two are showing as being up, and one is showing as being down. I verified the internet connection from that PC and it's fine, and obviously my network isn't a problem, since I can post this message on another PC on the same network.
The feed in question is: Colorado State Patrol (El Paso, Teller, and Pueblo Counties) Live Scanner Audio Feed
Any ideas? Thanks!

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I got the single feed to go back online by stopping the broadcast, closing the program and restarting it. There was no indication by looking at the computer that anything was wrong. Odd. Would still like to hear if anyone has any ideas what went wrong.

n0nhp

I have seen the same type of thing, I run a stereo and a mono feed from the same computer. On occasion one feed will drop while the other stays up. The best I can judge is somewhere a few packets got dumped in the bit bucket and the rest lose their way to the server. By stopping the feed and re-starting it, a new route is established and packets once again start making their way to the proper place.
IPV-6 is supposed to simplify much of the packet routing and prevent much of the packet loss due to routing changes. Now we just have to convince the ISPs to upgrade the last mile to the new hardware. I think the last time my ISP upgraded was probably about 20 years ago whey they hung bi-directional amps on the cable system and added DOCSYS.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.