The new RR changes (Broadcastify)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenchmonkey

I'm not going to pay to keep my scanner feeds up to date with the RR database so the owner can make money off of them. The database is compiled by people like us. Is he going to help me fix my expensive scanner that went down recently? Pay my electric bills? I wanted to post this on Lindsay's message about Broadcastify, but he closed it. I'm out of here on 10/15, and I'm taking my scanners with me.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm not sure who is twisting your arm to "pay" for keeping your scanner feeds up to date. You certainly don't require a premium membership to do so. While it's certainly easiest to use the RR database to program your scanners, a little research and "manual" programming never hurts either.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I wonder just how much it costs to run a feed per month.

Then I wonder if I care...it's miniscule. I used to run my feeds locally. The volume of users connected bogged down my network so much, I jumped at the opportunity to first send just one stream for each feed to Scan America, and then here. All five of my feeds will remain with Lindsay's site, whatever it's called. For me it's absolutely the best option. Others mileage may vary. I'm used to people cringing at change, but the trend of people expecting entitlements at every turn is to me very disturbing.

I'm sure someone could nickel and dime the answer to the first sentence of this post together...but I expect this thread will be closed long before that occurs. :D

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Broadcastify

I just put this on my feed's description: “THIS FEED WILL CONTINUE WITH BROADCASTIFY”

Personally I can't wait to electricify Broadcastify. I fully support Lindsey and his staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.