PC volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcheetham

i have my scanner coming into my computer through line in (mic).the problem is i can't mute the computer volume with out muting the feed.is there any way to get around this as i don't want to hear the computer speakers all the time?
thanks

Fore!

i have my scanner coming into my computer through line in (mic).the problem is i can't mute the computer volume with out muting the feed.is there any way to get around this as i don't want to hear the computer speakers all the time?
thanks

OK, I'll serve - you guys can bat it back and forth...

Turn the speakers down or off?

Hey, it's a start.

bmxpro822

got this in the forums "Go to the "Recording" tab and click on "Line In" to highlight it. Now click the "Properties" button and click the "Listen" tab. Uncheck the "Listen to this device"

fredva

Feed Provider
You didn't say which version of Windows you had. In XP, you would open the volume control, go to Options>Properties, make sure you have Volume for Playback selected, make sure you have the appropriate jack selected for display (Line In or Microphone - they are different), then go back to the slider controls and select Mute under Line In or Microphone. As long as you keep Volume for Playback selected, all you have to do in the future is open the volume control and turn mute on or off.

Volume for Recording would adjust the volume going out over your feed. You don't want to mute that.

Status
Not open for further replies.