ODDCAST "won't connect to socket"

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me for being so lost but I have lost my feed, it keeps popping up "unable to connect to socket". Can this be fixed or do I need to change to another program. I would like to keep the feed up if at all possible. I have restarted the computer but still has the same result. Any help would be great . PM's welcome as well ...Thanks!

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm back to square one . Feed is up according to my status on RR but no one can connect and listen . This is getting frustrating. Should just try to start a new feed from scratch?

richtidd

Database Admin
Well I'm back to square one . Feed is up according to my status on RR but no one can connect and listen . This is getting frustrating. Should just try to start a new feed from scratch?

I do see your feed going on & off line a lot.
This usually means an issue on your end.

In order to see if there is a RR receiver assignment issue, I changed you from audio3 to audio9.

Since I changed the receiver assignment, you will need to stop broadcasting with ScannerCast or RadioFeed, and log into your RR account to reacquire your feed in ScannerCast or RadioFeed, then restart the broadcast.

For OddCast, you will need to change the receiver to audio9.radioreference.com

Please wait at least 5 min from the time I made the change for you to be able to use the new receiver. If you are using different streaming software, you will need to change the setting manually and then restart the broadcast.

You can try PingPlotter (from PingPlotter), to check your connection. You can use it for a while without needing to purchase it) and setting it up to ping the server that your audio is being sent to (audio?.radioreference.com) at regular intervals. After you see your feed drop, check to see if PingPlotter saw any pings not be returned around that time, if it did, look at the data it recorded to see where the problem was.
Here are some instructions:
* Enter "audio?.radioreference.com" in the "Address to Trace" field in the upper-left corner of the window. Where ? is the relay number your feed is on.
* Change the "Trace Interval" value to 1 second.
* (optional) Click on the horizontal line that is displayed above the small graph in the bottom-right area of the window and drag it up to make the response time graph larger.
* (optional) Select Options from the Edit menu and then select Auto-Save. Put a check in the "Auto-save data" checkbox and then click on the Apply and OK buttons.
* Click on the Trace button in the bottom-left corner of the window.
The next time your feed goes offline, see if the graph in the bottom-right area of the window indicates any problems (the response time graph should look different than it did when you started the program).

Status
Not open for further replies.