Need help improving my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsteinb

My audio sounds terrible on my feed(s). I am using the ScannerCast V0.14 software on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine with a good quality sound card. I am using the "line in" on the CPU from the scanner. The scanner is a Uniden Bearcat BC345CRS, which stays locked on a single channel of 158.756 MHz.

The audio sounds like it is in a tunnel. A friend of mine captures the audio transmissions and saves them to a website located at: Audio Blotter

Perhaps someone can listen to a few of the archived transmissions and figure out what the junk is that is in the background of my transmissions.

I have moved the computer and scanner all over the house, thinking it was radio frequency interference, but I am not convinced.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brad
Windsor, VT

Eng3ineer

Might check to see if secondary volume is over driving. It's under control panel then sound then recording then the line in feed that's the feeding computer. Mine was around 60-70 for all four my feeds ended up lowering three to zero that are fed by radio and the feed that fed by a scanner lowered it to 30.

Hope this helps.

Jason

epsteinb

Thanks Jason. My "line-in" volume was already at 5 and the scanner volume output is at 40. Those seem to be the best balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.