TGRP's Which are Reassigned "On the Fly"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Changes to the structure of the system I'm feeding raise a question, as I want to be cautious to remain in compliance with the feed provider TOS and not expose broadcastify.com to any unanticipated or unintended risk.

This note appears on the Indianapolis Department of Public Safety (the system I've been feeding since 2010, and among the three most popular most evenings) page in the RR database:

"For ALL IMPD District/Division Patrol TGRP's:
Each District's TGRP 1 is Primary Dispatch/Tactical
Each District's TGRP 2 is Primary Car to Car/Alternate Dispatch when TGRP 1 is used as Tactical.
Each District's TGRP 3 is Special Operations/SWAT/Investigations TGRP.

Example: Northwest 1 (NW1) is Primary Dispatch, and becomes the Tactical TG when the need arises. NW2 is primarily Car to Car/talk, until NW1 switches to Tactical, then NW2 becomes the Dispatch TG for the duration of the "event". NW3 is for Special Operations/SWAT for that district, and also for special investigations usage. This is why the 3's are full time encrypted."

As I interpret this, it'd be impossible to avoid feeding tactical channels when each district's TGRP 1 is reassigned from dispatch to tactical. I assume our IDPS (DPSC) System isn't unique in this regard. With respect to feeds, how is this typically handled?

Feed note: performance of this feed has been terrible since we moved our office a couple months ago. I'm getting a BCD536HP tomorrow in an effort to clean up the P25 simulcast decoding.

Thanks,
Todd Bettenhausen
Indianapolis, IN
KC9NEG

fredva

Feed Provider
That's a good question. This statement from Lindsay in the TOS Clarifications sticky thread might have bearing on your situation:

"If a routine dispatch or special events channel or talkgroup happens to have communications such as tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, and supervisors then that is OK and is not subject to our terms of service."

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
This has come up before. If there "happens" to be tactical traffic on a tagged "dispatch" channel that is OK as the officers chose to use the dispatch channel for tactical use at that time, however if a talk group is specifically designated, tagged or described as "tactical" (or car-to-car) it can not be streamed.

Each District's TGRP 2 is Primary Car to Car/Alternate Dispatch when TGRP 1 is used as Tactical.

I just noticed in the RR DB many of the dispatch channels are full time encrypted. You would not be permitted to stream them even if you had decryption ability.

On my feed, another top 3 feed, there are rare times when officers may discuss tactical or talk car-to-car on a dispatch channel but usually they switch to what they call a "back channel" mainly so they don't tie up the dispatch channel. They are aware of the feed and the dispatch channel only policy.

This is just my opinion however. I'm sure an administrator will make an official decision.

Last edited:

hammer440

First I want to thank who ever has put up IMPD on here!!! It is so appreciated, my son in law is with IMPD so I can hear him at nights which I get a kick out of LOL. Also I just want to say are you really sure its your new location causing the problems? I know on my scanner my digital gets really funky at times along with my HD TV and Ham Radio. Are you sure a lot of the trouble is not conditions, sun spots or other conditions that can cause trouble like this....Just a thought...Thank You again!!! 73's Bill N9SZO

KC9NEG

First I want to thank who ever has put up IMPD on here!!! It is so appreciated, my son in law is with IMPD so I can hear him at nights which I get a kick out of LOL. Also I just want to say are you really sure its your new location causing the problems? I know on my scanner my digital gets really funky at times along with my HD TV and Ham Radio. Are you sure a lot of the trouble is not conditions, sun spots or other conditions that can cause trouble like this....Just a thought...Thank You again!!! 73's Bill N9SZO

Thanks--I always appreciate notes like this. I'm indeed quite certain the performance problems are 100% a location issue. They all started when we moved our office from Brownsburg to W. 86th St. in Indy. I'm embarrassed how bad my feed has been over the last couple months and I'll have a new BCD536HP tomorrow, so here's hoping for a big improvement.

gillham

Feed Provider
Rather than me creating a new thread - referencing the quote below. Could someone chime in on this scenario happening on dedicated Special Events channels (categorized as Interop)?

I'm interested in the Statewide SOPS channels in MA. They're routinely used for big events, like parades, the 4th of July, Marathon etc. They also patch in other towns that may be working with the State on coordination efforts.

However, on occasion - individual Troops will use the Statewide SOPS channel, instead of their own Troop's SOPS channel - for investigation work.

I don't want to violate the TOS - if my intentions are to scan the Statewide SOPS for big events - and another SOPS channel happens to get used for investigations that same time.

TIA!

This has come up before. If there "happens" to be tactical traffic on a tagged "dispatch" channel that is OK as the officers chose to use the dispatch channel for tactical use at that time, however if a talk group is specifically designated, tagged or described as "tactical" (or car-to-car) it can not be streamed.

I just noticed in the RR DB many of the dispatch channels are full time encrypted. You would not be permitted to stream them even if you had decryption ability.

On my feed, another top 3 feed, there are rare times when officers may discuss tactical or talk car-to-car on a dispatch channel but usually they switch to what they call a "back channel" mainly so they don't tie up the dispatch channel. They are aware of the feed and the dispatch channel only policy.

This is just my opinion however. I'm sure an administrator will make an official decision.

Edit: So I know Special Events channels are allowed. They're categorized as Interop; but their descriptions are Special Events Operations 1-8.

Law Enforcement Feeds
Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.

Last edited:

ecps92

There are no Troop SOPS Channels.
SOPS 1 thru SOP 8 get assigned as needed for MSP Operations.
Events 1 thru Events 8 get assigned as needed for [generally] Operations with Non MSP Agencies.

Each Troop has it's own Talk Channel [Generally] x-PTL-3

Investigators [BCI etc] have their own TG's
Broken down by Troop/Zone
ie: A/H, B, C and D

Rather than me creating a new thread - referencing the quote below. Could someone chime in on this scenario happening on dedicated Special Events channels (categorized as Interop)?

I'm interested in the Statewide SOPS channels in MA. They're routinely used for big events, like parades, the 4th of July, Marathon etc. They also patch in other towns that may be working with the State on coordination efforts.

However, on occasion - individual Troops will use the Statewide SOPS channel, instead of their own Troop's SOPS channel - for investigation work.

I don't want to violate the TOS - if my intentions are to scan the Statewide SOPS for big events - and another SOPS channel happens to get used for investigations that same time.

TIA!

Edit: So I know Special Events channels are allowed. They're categorized as Interop; but their descriptions are Special Events Operations 1-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.