Metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark432k

KC0LRU
I swear I have seen a post for this in the past, but can't find it now. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm using Proscan to broadcast my feed and there is a 8-9 second delay on the audio after the tags display in the mobile apps.

My question is: Is there a trick in the Metadata to delay the tags so they match the audio?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I swear I have seen a post for this in the past, but can't find it now. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm using Proscan to broadcast my feed and there is a 8-9 second delay on the audio after the tags display in the mobile apps.

My question is: Is there a trick in the Metadata to delay the tags so they match the audio?

The metadata and the audio leaving ProScan/RadioFeed should be in sync. It's probably the Media Player network buffer causing the delay.

What Media Player you are using?
Does the media player have a network latency setting you can try changing? If you can't find it, I would google it.
Try reconnecting the Media Player and measure the amount of time it takes to start playback. See if the time matches the delay.

Last edited:

mark432k

KC0LRU
I've noticed it on he Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app as well as the 5-0 Radio app. In checking other feeds it appears they also experience the same lag.

Would it be safe to assume the issue is with the apps themselves?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've noticed it on he Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app as well as the 5-0 Radio app. In checking other feeds it appears they also experience the same lag.

Would it be safe to assume the issue is with the apps themselves?

ProScan/RadioFeed doesn't have a network or delay buffer. The media player side should handle the buffering to minimize drop outs. The text tags and audio in ProScan/RadioFeed has been time tested for sync. Most if not all Media Players have a network buffer. Some Media Players uses the same engine.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have seen the delay in all the various players that I have tried. I have also noticed that the shortest delay is in the iTunes app.

Did you ever find out it there is network latency setting you can try changing? If you can't find it, I would google it.

Try reconnecting the Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app and 5-0 Radio app. Measure the amount of time it takes to start playback. See if the time matches the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.