Feed repeating later

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2JDS

I have had 2 people report that they were listening to my feed and it was from hours earlier and a repeat of traffic they heard before. I checked everything. I'm using RadioFeed, same as I have for past many years. I can't find any anomaly or issues on my end. Could it be at the Broadcastify level or end users level? They report hearing my feed that is an hour to a few hours old. I listen often and have never detected. Looking for anybody that may have had this happen to them before.

richtidd

Database Admin
I have had 2 people report that they were listening to my feed and it was from hours earlier and a repeat of traffic they heard before. I checked everything. I'm using RadioFeed, same as I have for past many years. I can't find any anomaly or issues on my end. Could it be at the Broadcastify level or end users level? They report hearing my feed that is an hour to a few hours old. I listen often and have never detected. Looking for anybody that may have had this happen to them before.

They maybe listening to the feed via the web player.
If so, the looping or repeating, echo, re buffering or stopping, of the feed is a known bug with the web player & sometimes with WMP and the Java player as well.
What you are hearing is audio that was cached by the browser the last time you listened along with the current feed audio.
I listen to feeds with WinAmp or iTunes.
However, they can try clearing your browser cash.
To clear the Java Plug-in cache:
1.Click Start > Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
3.Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
4.Click Delete Files.
The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
1.Delete Files
2.View Applications
3.View Applets
5.Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
6.Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
Note: If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.

HVN

I've personally experienced this. I think having the page auto refresh every couple hours might fix it, but am looking for other broadcasting servers / options at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.