Delete an archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
To prevent the problem that is happening on Youtube with Kentucky State Police Trooper Ponder's last transmission, Is there a way to (Or suggest as a future option) to delete an archive from the archive history. Something like this has always been in the back of my mind. I love the fact that i have software that allows me to shut my feed down during an officers safety incident if necessary, but once i hear it, it will always be in the the archives.
Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....280630676&id=103979825675&fref=nf&pnref=story

richtidd

Database Admin
To prevent the problem that is happening on Youtube with Kentucky State Police Trooper Ponder's last transmission, Is there a way to (Or suggest as a future option) to delete an archive from the archive history. Something like this has always been in the back of my mind. I love the fact that i have software that allows me to shut my feed down during an officers safety incident if necessary, but once i hear it, it will always be in the the archives.
Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....280630676&id=103979825675&fref=nf&pnref=story

Submit a help request via the HELP tab on your feed page to make that request.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
What, you think you're the only one with a scanner that covers your area? You think others aren't recording and archiving their own offline scanners? You seriously don't think that radio exchange would've hit youtube anyway? Hell, the KSP is required by the Open Records Act to release the audio to the public upon request - Columbine set that precedent. Was posting it on youtube in bad taste? Probably, but theres a reason youtube refuses to take it down - it's public record. Public record isn't always pretty, but as an American you have the absolute right to access it..

Last edited:

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
I agree we shouldn't be broadcasting a persons dying words especially if the family will hear it. I know with open records laws the media and the public expects these to be given out but where is the compassion in these cases? I don't care to hear someone telling their dispatcher their dying and it shouldn't be made public. What if this was the final words of a child would we as humans be so cold hearted and demand that the it be broadcast for everyone to hear? This is my opinion and i want to thank the OP for trying to get the archive removed in this case.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
I am not worried what others do. I keep my own house in order! I refuse to be the "Dirt Bag" others speak of.

LOL these are the same people who call the police 'dirtbags' for doing their jobs. These are the same people who called police and school administrators 'dirtbags' when they arrested Ahmed Mohammed for the bomb scare stunt that his race-baiting father put him up to. People need to start ignoring social media trolls and taking a stand, because otherwise the trolls are going to win and all we are going to be allowed to post anywhere is sanitized, "family friendly" PC horse exhaust. If people don't want to see or hear something, here's an idea.. DON'T CLICK IT.

Last edited:

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
I just want assurances that if something bad, and I am only talking about an officer, emt or fireman dying or burning alive keys up bad, goes over my feed before I can shut it off, I want to know someone at RR will make that section UNAVAILABLE. If I notify them I have an incident that needs removed that someone WILL do it (for my feed). If some other scanner recorder decides to share it to the world, that's on them. I do NOT want my wife to hear me burning alive and screaming on my radio as the last thing she hears from me!
I still would like someone at RR to say YES WE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU. we will look into it really doesn't set well for me.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry, but the only time that we ever delete feed archives is if the archives in question contain an inadvertent feed broadcaster's microphone from their computer (occasionally, a misconfigured feed broadcaster's computer causes this) or if the feed broadcasting software inadvertently broadcasts something other than the feed (like the computer's speaker output, a skype phone call etc)

Otherwise, we never delete archives, nor will we even consider a policy to do so.

How someone makes use of the archives is their responsibility. We certainly agree that it is in poor form for a youtube video to be made of someone's last dying words, however the archives provide an important service to a lot of people and regardless of one's personal opinions on what should or should not be archived, we're not changing that policy.

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Lindsay, That was NOT the answer i received in my Help Request. Brutal honesty is best, and i appreciate knowing in advance!
Jeff

Request #8308

"If you den (send) in a separate help request from your feed page HELP tab requesting an archive delegating we can consider your request."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.