Broadcastify wants more info on feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrunswicknews

Feed Provider
I sent a list of the frequencies we can broadcast but they need more info. I went by the example feed list they included which looks like this(NOTE: this is their example, not my feed):
Home County Sheriff 455.555Mhz
Wayback Police 455.565Mhz
Home County Fire 453.250
Hopeless City EMS 155.565Mhz
WA6FTL 147.550 Mhz Home County ARES Repeater

How do I differentiate between DEC, HEX, Mode, Alpha Tag, etc in the feed list? Should I put commas between them or should I create a spreadsheet?

And for a trunking system do I need to list every talkgroup and every DEC, HEX, etc in those talkgroups?

Thanks guys! I'm really new to this and have no idea the detail they're looking for.

thebrunswicknews

Feed Provider
Thanks for the help! I have all of my frequencies listed out. Would this format work or should I just paste them in the email from the spreadsheet I have so they're spreadsheet format? There are a lot more, I'm just giving you an example.

154.02500 Sheriff GCSO 0250 FMN Law Talk*
453.80000 GCSO GCSO 8000 U FMN Law Talk*
154.38500 Fire/Rescue Dispatch (Simulcast TRS) GCFD Tone FMN Fire Dispatch 97.4 PL

851.0375 Glynn County Trunking
472.725 Glynn County Trunking
855.2375 Glynn County Trunking

Police F3 BPD F-3 112 007 A Law Tac* Brunswick Police*
Police F4 BPD F-4 144 009 A Law Tac Brunswick Police*
Police BPD F-5 272 011 A Law Tac Brunswick Police*
Police F1 GCPD F-1 528 021 A Law Dispatch Glynn County Police*

If I've got info in this that I don't need just remove it and paste it back and I can do the rest.

fredva

Feed Provider
If those are actually channels you are planning to put on your feed, you need to know that anything labeled as "Law Tac" would not be allowed.

fredva

Feed Provider
Is there a way to restrict just those channels on a bcd996p2?

Yes, I believe all trunking scanners give the user the ability to choose which channels (talkgroups) will be monitored and which ones will not. It can either be done through software or by manual programming. I don't know which method you are using to program your scanner. I'm also not familiar with using that model, so if you are programming it manually, I would refer you to the manual.

ak4fn

Is there a way to restrict just those channels on a bcd996p2?

If you use Proscan you can add them to your "BROADCAST LOCKOUT FILE" This will allow you to still listen to the call and not broadcast it on the internet.

Here what it says:

# BROADCAST LOCKOUT FILE (SOURCE CLIENT & WEB SERVER)

# Add Frequencies, Talk Group ID's, or Channel Names not to broadcast.
# Don't use # pound character. Lines starting with the pound character are comment lines and are ignored.

# EXAMPLES:
# 484.5875
# 4208
# 0-01-002
# 11Fh
# Ontario PD

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
On the BCD996P2 if you are using the "Record Out" jack you can select record out in the channel's programming to control which channels you want to send to your feed.

Since I have a dedicated scanner for my feed I only program the 5 dispatch channels that I stream. This prevents any inadvertent streaming of an unauthorized channel. If you still listen to the scanner while it is supplying your feed, including channels not being streamed, the feed will miss a lot on those channels you are streaming.

Also you may want to read the Feed Provider Terms of Service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.