Broadcastify RANDOM FEED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
I love Broadcastify. We even use it at work to monitor areas around us. There is so much to choose from, sometimes I can't choose what to listen to! The top feeds feature is great for picking when you want to listen to something busy and is a great way to tell there might be something going on in an area that isn't normally on the top like the usual Chicago Police or Indianapolis Metro. But I was thinking how great a RANDOM FEED feature on the site would be. You could click random and it would pick from ALL the feeds worldwide, or you can filter it by genre, country, state/province/territory, etc.

Anybody else like this idea?!

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
But I was thinking how great a RANDOM FEED feature on the site would be. You could click random and it would pick from ALL the feeds worldwide, or you can filter it by genre, country, state/province/territory, etc.

Anybody else like this idea?!

That feature is already available. Maybe not exactly how you described it, but If you click on "Browse Feeds" you can filter by Country, State/Province, Genre, ect.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
I know you can already choose like that but I mean the feature would be incorporated into the random feed selection. You could hit random feed and it would choose from any feed in the world, or say you want to listen to rail you would choose random feed then click rail only. Same thing as if you wanted to listen to a random feed in a specific state/province county etc. Random feed.... Texas only or Random feed, Texas, Rail only.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The number of listeners and the feed's position on the Top Feed List, is a good indication of unusual activity.

You can select "Alert Feeds" which will list feeds where the feed provider has attached an alert indicating activity on the feed. When I can I set an alert when there is something exciting on my feed and like to watch the number of listeners climb.

The app "Scanner Radio" has an Alert Notification feature which will alert you to listener counts above a number you have selected, and also alert you to feeds on the active alert list.

I don't see Broadcastify going to the trouble to create a random feed feature as most listeners are interested in a specific area or agency, or a feed with an active incident. Listeners will also select a feed for an agency who has an active incident which is being reported on the news or social media. Once I noticed my listener count skyrocket yet I was not hearing anything specific. There was a fugitive reported in the area on the national news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.