Slow response from RR / Broadcastify

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

So I swapped over my server to an Icecast relay setup. I sent RR my feed info, IE:

Http://goaliebob99.asuscomm.com:8000/TPD_Fire_Ems

I am able to remotely connect to the feed and listen in without any issues. I have tested over VPN as well as I have turned my wifi off on my cellphone and tested over ATT's LTE network. All is fine.

It took RR over 12 hours to respond to my first email asking how to do it. Then once I gave them the server info, it took them another 3 hours to respond back with is your server online and is the feed running and no further explanation of what issues they are having.

Both answers are yes. I responded back asking what the issue was. My feed is still down and Broadcastify has yet to respond back.

Very poor support so far. I am not sure what the deal is with them.

Last edited:

northernsummit

Feed Provider
No you think that a site like this and Broadcastify would have dedicated staff. Someone's making money off of it.

I don't want to peer into business model that is Broadcastify but realistically where is the revenue other than from ads and premium subscribers?

That revenue has to pay for what I imagine are data center based hosting services, software development efforts, and maintenance of the servers. It's probably a relatively small operation with the upkeep (database, feed maintenance, etc) all driven by volunteers as MikeOxlong said.

The reality is you're not a customer. You're one of those volunteers who contribute to the overall grand scheme that is the Broadcastify "product". If you were *paying* them to host your feed then you'd have a legitimate gripe as a customer, but in the grand scheme of things you don't have an expectation of any service level.

In the past few weeks I've made changes to the database, my feed names, etc. It took awhile but so what? Nobody died.

ka8zay

Feed Provider
Agreed this is a volunteer service, where is the money for the dedicated staff coming from? You don't pay for this service, the people listening don't pay for this. There are not commercials that play over your feed. This is a community, not a Enterprise business. The money they do collect goes to pay for web servers, hosting, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.