Help with feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elambert10A

Hello everyone. I'm going to be a live feed provider out of VA I am having a friend/professional help me on programming with the right programming software version for my Scanner which he has then the only thing left after that is when Im trying to adjust properly the audio control bars under audio control and the audio test and control areas of Radio Feed software. I just cant figure out the right settings.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could help me please.

I will also provide my contact email and phone below for anyone who knows how to do this please.

elambert10@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Eric

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Hello everyone. I'm going to be a live feed provider out of VA I am having a friend/professional help me on programming with the right programming software version for my Scanner which he has then the only thing left after that is when Im trying to adjust properly the audio control bars under audio control and the audio test and control areas of Radio Feed software. I just cant figure out the right settings.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could help me please.

Hi Eric,

This article from the wiki may prove to be helpful to you:

Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki

I use RadioFeed and have not needed anything under the Audio Monitor & Test tab, with the exception of the notch filters(which aren't directly related to what you're seeking). I set the Audio Control slider on the Source Client tab to 0 dB and then adjusted the scanner volume & computer input level to where the audio sounds best.

elambert10A

Thank you my friend.

I adjusted the bars all the way to the right where they both say 0. Then the only other volume control bars I have is located on the Audio Monitor & Test screen. When I move it to the right or left it seems to make my volume mores distorted and louder and lower. Then the only other thing I did was move my volume on the scanner between number 10-15 on my Uniden Bearcat Scanner BCD536HP scanner I have my audio cable connected into my ext. speaker jack on scanner because it sounds like garbage when I put it in my scanners headphone jack. So Its plugged in the scanner ext. speaker jack to my MIC in jack on computer on the front of my computer. I probably have a long enough cable to plug into the back of computer line in jack if need be but I don't think I should have to correct? Then my data cable is plugged into my scanner serial port DB9F to the USB jack on my Computer.

Since I am with the Audio cable into the MIC in jack, I had to go into the MIC settings and I was moving back and forth the mic setting but not sure if I should even be messing with it or if it needs to be at a certain setting or not? If its too much of a pain. I could take audio cable out of mic in and put it into Line In jack on back of computer. I just kind of hope it doesn't take my audio away from my Computer speakers though?

Can you please reply on this whenever its convenient to you.

Thank you very much

Eric

rcool101

Feed Provider
When I ran my feed I always used the line in on the sound card. The only time I didn't was when I had to go to my laptop. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rcool101

Feed Provider
When I ran my feed I always used the line in on the sound card. The only time I didn't was when I had to go to my laptop. Just my 2 cents

I used a 396T and a 780. Never tried my 536. With the 536 I can play the scanner audio using the Wi-Fi dongle thru my PC speakers. No cable. Using ProScan. I'm pretty sure you can run a feed this way. I'm at work now or I'd send you a link. The 536 is a completely different animal...[emoji2]

rcool101

Feed Provider
Go to the Computer software programing forum. Click on ProScan Official Software Thread. The last post has a picture. Input Sound Device

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Always use the Line-In jack instead of the Mic-In jack (if your scanner has one). Start with the original software volume settings and don't raise them unless your volume is extremely low.

I have had several feeds over the years using RadioFeed and Uniden BCT15, BCT15X, and BCD996XT scanners/record-out jacks. I have never had to make an adjustment. It was plug-n-play. I don't know if I was just lucky or what. My agency is switching to P25 in the near future. I am programmed and ready but don't know how it will effect the audio at this time.

This has helped keep my feed in the top five for the last 4 years. Give a listen and see what you think.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
elambert10A,
The controls on the right side are for adjusting the loopback audio going in to the local speakers. Leave those in the 0 dB position.

As I advised before, go to the Source Client tab and adjust the left side controls. The unused channel (left or right) slide all the way to the left which will mute the channel. The used channel (left or right) slide all the way to the to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.