Using a Raspberry Pi 2 with 2 RTL-SDR sticks and two analog FM Streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0zo

I'm trying to stream a second feed on my Raspberry Pi 2. I have the first one going great using this guide:
Raspberry Pi RTL-SDR Broadcastify - The RadioReference Wiki

Now I want to add a second one. I already received another SDR stick, and applied for and received the second stream. I don't want to scan between the two, but stream the two in case they both have activity going on.

I've done this part:
Create the following configuration file at /etc/ezstream_bcfy.xml and replace with your mount, password, and stream name. If you plan on having multiple streams make sure and create a separate named configuration file (i.e.'/etc/ezstream_bcfy2.xml) for each stream and reference accordingly in your command script below.

I've created that file, but how to run it is the hangup I'm having:

/usr/local/bin/rtl_fm -d 0 -M fm -f 461.4M -p 69 -l 65 -g 50 -t 2 -E pad -s 12k |
/usr/bin/lame -r -s 12 --resample 22.05 -m m -b 16 --cbr --lowpass 4 - - |
/usr/bin/ezstream -c /etc/ezstream_bcfy.xml > /var/log/bcfy2.log 2>&1 &

I know I would change -d 1, -f (newer freq.) -p to whatever the newer is, but implementing it I am clueless.
I tried searching for ezstream_bcfy2.xml and only got that wiki guide or a re-post of it; and ezstream_bcfy3.xml gets no results, so I can't find an example where someone posted how they ran it.

Would I just add on to the first line for the second dongle with it's info, and the same with the third line for its info?
Or would I add a line between 1 and 2 for the second dongle, and between the old 2 and 3 lines?

ramboton

Feed Provider
I wonder if anyone has tried this with the C.H.I.P. computer (www.getchip.com) or the raspberry PI zero, both are $9 computers, with a rtl-sdr stick and some accessories it seems you could have a feed station for under $30 if it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.