We need an HTML 5 player for feed providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
I write this as a RR feed provider who embeds his own feed in his website. The topic of this thread is that it is no secret that Adobe "Shock Wave Flash" Flash for short is targeted for eradication by Google Chrome and other browser developers. With each recent version of Chrome it gets progressively harder to play flash content and google has already stated that in the near future it will be impossible to play flash in chrome. As we all know the RR embeddable feed player is an Adobe Flash object, Therefor I am asking if RR has considered developing an HTML 5 embeddable player for feed providers to use on their website.

Don't get me wrong I do not look forward to the coming demise of Adobe Flash and I personally believe that Google's war on Flash was uncalled for. But Google has been driving the Internet bus for some time and here we are facing the death of Flash. Also I have not been convinced that an HTML 5 audio player can be as elaborate as one coded in Adobe Flash. At this point I believe there is no comparison between HTML 5 and the capabilities of Adobe Flash. I do not even know if it would be possible on a new HTML 5 RR player to even indicate online status and number of listeners, but this is the future that we face..

And here is what I and other RR feed providers face if RR does not develop an HTML 5 feed player that we can embed on our websites. We would be forced to use the M3U of our feed and find our own HTML 5 player and embedded our feed on our website that way.

If anyone knows of any plans by RR to develop an HTML 5 player for feed providers, please reply below. This becomes more of an issue each day with every major website content provider, as Google can't wait to throw the kill switch on Flash and the all the major websites ignoring it as an idle threat.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
There already is an HTML5 embedded player, has been for months now. Check your feed details page Technicals tab. Same embed method, but include HTML5=1 and then change the size to your liking.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
Ok, thanks for the heads up on that, I have converted my feed player to HTML 5.But is there any way to get the level meters like in flash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.