Unable to Broadcast - Win10 ScannerCast and/or RadioFeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssims

Feed Provider
I am unable to successfully connect to broadcast my feed using either ScannerCast or RadioFeed on Windows 10. I have triple checked my settings in both applications, allowed both executables full access through the firewall, whitelisted broadcastify.com on my router and verified I can connect to the audio#.broadcastify.com server specified for my feed without success.

In ScannerCast I receive the error...
ScannerCast PUSH Error 105
Error status from RR.
HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
Server: tinyproxy/1.8.4

Retry: Retires connection (no further connection errors will be shown)

Cancel: Stops trying to connect to the RR server.

In RadioFeed I receive the error...
Source Client Unable To Connect To A Broadcastify Server

If I visit the Mount point listed for my feed from a web browser (e.g. audio#.broadcastify.com/abc123) I receive the error, The file you requested could not be found.

What should I try next?

richtidd

Database Admin
I am unable to successfully connect to broadcast my feed using either ScannerCast or RadioFeed on Windows 10. I have triple checked my settings in both applications, allowed both executables full access through the firewall, whitelisted broadcastify.com on my router and verified I can connect to the audio#.broadcastify.com server specified for my feed without success.

In ScannerCast I receive the error...
ScannerCast PUSH Error 105
Error status from RR.
HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
Server: tinyproxy/1.8.4

Retry: Retires connection (no further connection errors will be shown)

Cancel: Stops trying to connect to the RR server.

In RadioFeed I receive the error...
Source Client Unable To Connect To A Broadcastify Server

If I visit the Mount point listed for my feed from a web browser (e.g. audio#.broadcastify.com/abc123) I receive the error, The file you requested could not be found.

What should I try next?

"PUSH Error 105"
Maybe do to a computer is already sending us audio for that feed.

Did you setup the encoding software on more than one computer?

If not, make sure you don't have more than one copy of the program running at the same time on the computer you're using to provide the feed with.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would check, double check, and triple check the server URL, port number, & mount. You can do it a couple of ways.

1a. Log in Broadcastify
1b. Go to your feed. Click the gear icon.
1c. Go to the Technicals tab.
1d. Note the Server URL, port number, & mount.

- or -

2a. In RadioFeed or ProScan, go the the Source Client tab.
2b. Click the Broadcastify Auto Config. button.
2c. Enter your login info and click the Connect button.
2d. Note the Server URL, port number, & mount.
2e. Click the Set button.

ssims

Feed Provider
I only have one copy of the program running at a time. I've even tried rebooting and starting fresh. Still getting connection failure messages.

I've also used both manual entry from my feed Technicals page and logging in with both apps. I'm beginning to think there's an issue with my feed config on the Broadcastify server itself.

richtidd

Database Admin
I only have one copy of the program running at a time. I've even tried rebooting and starting fresh. Still getting connection failure messages.

I've also used both manual entry from my feed Technicals page and logging in with both apps. I'm beginning to think there's an issue with my feed config on the Broadcastify server itself.

Your feed for Allegheny County Fire Dispatch - West
Is properly set up on our end.

Perhaps you have other issues.

A good connection to the RR server is vital for a good stable feed. There are many reasons what you could have a connection problem. Most issues will be on the feed owner side of the feed. These include ISP, modem, router, ports etc.

It usually indicates that there is network congestion or a network problem occurring somewhere between your PC and our audio server.

The culprit usually lies with your PC's connection to your network or between your cable/DSL modem and your Internet provider or out from there through the various gateways & routing paths to BCFY.

It is common for a feed to go through periods of connection difficulties.

Last mile DSL does not make for a good connection.

If you have problems connecting to RR server, try these suggestions:

Reboot your Computer, streaming software, modem, and router. Make sure you have internet access before you restart your feed.
Try these alt router ports in your streaming software: 80, 8000, 8080, or 8500.
Try port forwarding on your router to allow you're feed through
Your modem may not be compatible with the ISP gear in the exchanges. Try changing your modem to broadcom chip set. Others found this fixed the issue.
If using a proxy server, don't. We do not work with proxy server's.
Check your anti virus program. Some, like AVG, do not work well with broadcasting. You may need to change or turn it off.

ChrisABQ

I usually had problems with the port number. Check your computers Device Settings (under System) and make sure the device that is feeding your scanner audio/tags/etc. is the same port that the casting software has selected. If they are different, it will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.