West Allis Police Feed has Surveillance Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

I sent a message to feed owner about a year ago, that the feed has a surveillance talkgroup, and that is not allowed. They took it off the list, but I guess never took it off feed, which explains why a feed with DPW on it is so popular sometimes. I just discovered it was still on the feed, when Milwaukee PD was calling on a Countywide talkgroup trying to find out who is in pursuit in Milwaukee, West Allis didn't want to say it was them, they told MPD to call them by phone. Milwaukee County has a new Encryption Capable Digital Radio System, West Allis is talking about going 100% Encryption when they Cut Over, main reason I heard was people listening on scanner apps, and posting things online. I mentioned this to the feed owner last year.
The talkgroup is 37296 City of West Allis Police Department 4

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I sent a message to feed owner about a year ago, that the feed has a surveillance talkgroup, and that is not allowed. They took it off the list, but I guess never took it off feed, which explains why a feed with DPW on it is so popular sometimes. I just discovered it was still on the feed, when Milwaukee PD was calling on a Countywide talkgroup trying to find out who is in pursuit in Milwaukee, West Allis didn't want to say it was them, they told MPD to call them by phone. Milwaukee County has a new Encryption Capable Digital Radio System, West Allis is talking about going 100% Encryption when they Cut Over, main reason I heard was people listening on scanner apps, and posting things online. I mentioned this to the feed owner last year.
The talkgroup is 37296 City of West Allis Police Department 4

You can send your report here:
Broadcastify.com Live Audio Team
support@broadcastify.com

Status
Not open for further replies.