RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Broadcastify Administration

Broadcastify Administration - Administration topics for Broadcastify.com. This forum is for Broadcastify feed providers to get support from Broadcastify Admins. Other audio questions go here: Streaming /Broadcasting / Audio Recording forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2018, 1:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default West Allis Police Feed has Surveillance Talkgroup

I sent a message to feed owner about a year ago, that the feed has a surveillance talkgroup, and that is not allowed. They took it off the list, but I guess never took it off feed, which explains why a feed with DPW on it is so popular sometimes. I just discovered it was still on the feed, when Milwaukee PD was calling on a Countywide talkgroup trying to find out who is in pursuit in Milwaukee, West Allis didn't want to say it was them, they told MPD to call them by phone. Milwaukee County has a new Encryption Capable Digital Radio System, West Allis is talking about going 100% Encryption when they Cut Over, main reason I heard was people listening on scanner apps, and posting things online. I mentioned this to the feed owner last year.
The talkgroup is 37296 City of West Allis Police Department 4

Last edited by mkescan; 01-19-2018 at 1:07 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkescan View Post
I sent a message to feed owner about a year ago, that the feed has a surveillance talkgroup, and that is not allowed. They took it off the list, but I guess never took it off feed, which explains why a feed with DPW on it is so popular sometimes. I just discovered it was still on the feed, when Milwaukee PD was calling on a Countywide talkgroup trying to find out who is in pursuit in Milwaukee, West Allis didn't want to say it was them, they told MPD to call them by phone. Milwaukee County has a new Encryption Capable Digital Radio System, West Allis is talking about going 100% Encryption when they Cut Over, main reason I heard was people listening on scanner apps, and posting things online. I mentioned this to the feed owner last year.
The talkgroup is 37296 City of West Allis Police Department 4
You can send your report here:
Broadcastify.com Live Audio Team
support@broadcastify.com
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo
Old 01-19-2018, 1:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks.