Uptime and hourly stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Seems for some reason the timestamps are acting weird. They went from 1600 to 2300... Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• timestamp1.jpg
    timestamp1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 271
  • Timestamp2.jpg
    Timestamp2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 265

bctrainers

This issue has been around since summer of 2017 - i personally chalked it up as a general code change that was intended.

What it would appear is that anytime there's one or more hours with 0 uptime (your stream is down for whatever reason), the graphs concatenate the 0's and are skipped to the next hour with uptime. The same happens on listener count.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Nope, I still have it However, what odd is that I have much more than normal listeners on the feed today. I am not even aware of any incidents in area or anything that could cause a spike in listeners. Normally at this time I have like 30 or so, and its been over 100 all day Just odd Not a complaint

jasonhouk

I have not seen any trend of unusual number if listeners on my feed.

I did however find the RR removed my feed down status of them being the issue!

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jasonhouk

I, being a feed provider for 5+ year’s souley helping them grow though advertisement and number of listeners in my area. For what? A free subscription.

I believe we as feed providers need more incentives!

Houk

Attachments

• online_all.jpg
    online_all.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 159

bctrainers

I, being a feed provider for 5+ year’s souley helping them grow though advertisement and number of listeners in my area. For what? A free subscription.

I believe we as feed providers need more incentives!

Houk

Ehh, I'm indifferent to that. Granted, my only two core requests are...

1) Much more granularly produced stats/graphing. This comes to mind: Rickshaw: A JavaScript toolkit for creating interactive time-series graphs

2) A little more detail on where my listeners are coming from via GeoIP to mapping. Something like this: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/geochart - but more refined to the CONUS... chrome_2018-02-26_20-18-01.jpg

(FWIW: I'm a stats nut) :p

jasonhouk

Ehh, I'm indifferent to that. Granted, my only two core requests are...

1) Much more granularly produced stats/graphing. This comes to mind: Rickshaw: A JavaScript toolkit for creating interactive time-series graphs

2) A little more detail on where my listeners are coming from via GeoIP to mapping. Something like this: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/geochart - but more refined to the CONUS... View attachment 62999

(FWIW: I'm a stats nut) :p

Indeed, I would also like to see per capta listeners get rewarded. We all know Chicago will be the highest listener due to crime. But littleole Arkansas might not get credit for 50+ listeners a night.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I was providing the feeds to Sacramento Fire (several channels) until the incentive changed from a free subscription to RR to a free subscription to Broadcastify. I agree on the incentives change.

An issue I saw is that when there is an event in the area, people would flock to LE channels, not so much fire. It's an incentive to feed LE; or be in the right place at the right time to set up a special stream for some event.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Seems time stamps are actually showing UTC on my hourly/uptime statistics.

Houk

I rolled a fix for this issue this morning. We added a new management server to manage all statistics etc (in prep for other new features) which had a configuration problem resulting in the timestamps being off from 2-22-2018 till this morning.

I've fixed the issue and fixed the previous entries.

Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.