RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Broadcastify Administration

Broadcastify Administration - Administration topics for Broadcastify.com. This forum is for Broadcastify feed providers to get support from Broadcastify Admins. Other audio questions go here: Streaming /Broadcasting / Audio Recording forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 7:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Audio issue

Hello all, I host two scanner feeds on here. I've had to purchase a new desktop computer in the last couple of days. I've got it set up but can't seem to get a few issues finalized. I run two instances of the scannercast software, one for each feed. The way I had it set up on my last Acer desktop was one line went to the front mic in port and the second cable from the second scanner went to the rear mic in port at the back of the computer. This worked fine for years but for some reason will not work with this new Acer computer. The second issue I am having is not being able to eliminate any background noise coming from music I am playing on the host computer or if I am watching something on YouTube it's being sent over the feed as well. On my old computer none of these issues were present, I can't remember how I was able to eliminate the background noise. I'd love to get these feeds back up and running, any help would be great on this issue.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2018, 8:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It may be that the two mic-in jacks are actually one, just duplicated for easier access back-versus-front. The motherboard in my desktop is that way. Mic jacks may not be the best way to get sound into a PC, as they are very sensitive and, in my experience, can introduce extraneous noise.

Have you considered using a USB audio interface for your feeds?