Feed URL's Changing, Admin input please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
For the last couple of weeks now the streaming Url's keep changing and you now you cant keep favorites in streaming programs even one of my phone apps wont play since the urls are changing regularly. I have to go back and re add feeds to keep listening and in so many days urls change and i have to do it all over again to keep listening.

Just curious if this is a permit thing or is there a fix maybe even a work around so we dont have to keep adding feeds to streaming programs.

Thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It should be assumed that feed URLs can and will change all the time.

Any of our officially supported apps, or listening through the site, won’t cause any problems for listening. if you are using other methods then those methods of listening to feeds aren’t officially supported.

Thanks,

gdradio

to be fair

they haven't 'changed all the time' until this week.

and yes - change all the time is an accurate description - and no longer allows anyone to bookmark the URL in the winamp etc

smfeather

Why?

Is there any particular reason why the links are changing all the time now? This was never an issue until just recently. Bookmarks are completely worthless now... It's been changing nearly everyday. #Frustrating

Any of our officially supported apps, or listening through the site, won’t cause any problems for listening. if you are using other methods then those methods of listening to feeds aren’t officially supported.

Thanks,

HVRM

Would a premium account make things work the way they used to?

nick223

Feed Provider
win amp, radiolog, radio feedz and i even went on our dept website today and the broadcastify player wont even play. So i dont know anymore

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
win amp, radiolog, radio feedz and i even went on our dept website today and the broadcastify player wont even play. So i dont know anymore

When you say 'the Broadcastify player,' do you mean the HTML 5 player? I was able to bring up all of your feeds in the HTML 5 player ...

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Home bottom of page

I took a look at the source code for your page. The <audio> tags in the code reference a specific MP3 file, so there's no way that code will work. In addition, the <IFRAME> tag height and width parameters chop off the player. Broadcastify recommends 325px for the width and 245px for the height.

Try replacing this code in your page:

<center>
<iframe width="305px" height="38px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://api.broadcastify.com/embed/player/?key=75327103&feedId=20465&stats=1&as=0&bg=FFFFFF&fg=000000">Your browser does not support iFrames.</iframe> <br>
<audio autoplay="true" controls="">
<source src="http://relay.broadcastify.com:80/487928786.mp3?xan=36CD4CD5A9728FAF431C2AD6C401F83C" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does not support the audio tag.</source></audio>
</center>

with this:

<center>
<iframe width="325px" height="245px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://api.broadcastify.com/embed/player/?key=75327103&feedId=20465&stats=1&as=1&bg=FFFFFF&fg=000000">Your browser does not support iFrames.</iframe></center>

This code will also autoplay the feed. Below is what the player should look like with the new code. I'd had it up in my test page for nearly 10 minutes when I took the screenshot.

I don't see any need for the <audio> tag.

Attachments

• feed.jpg
    feed.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:

smfeather

It seems to be changing every day now... I can't even bookmark a specific scanner feed. Every day I have to re-save the bookmarks. I guess I will not be renewing my premium subscription if I can't get any answers or a possible solution.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
It’s not that the URLs are changing, it’s the total lack of communication, even to feed providers about it happening that bothers me.

I could be wrong, but I am guessing this is happening to push traffic back to broadcastify.com’s website to generate ad revenue.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The problem is on the mobile application development market. We have a number of developers who are not licensed to use our API and streams in their apps that are making tens of thousands of dollars off of the platform.

We have a select number of developers who partner with us and do pay for license agreements. These changes are in place to protect the investments they've made in their apps, and to protect the revenue that pays the bills, and yes, my salary and income for my business.

Remember, every single live audio feed on Broadcastify is available for free to the entire world. I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.

gdradio

thanks. I had started using 5-0 Radio a long time ago... but then thought TUNEIN was a superior product... but if they arent approved - then so be it.

glad to see that 5-0 Radio is still out there and has features (sleep timer) that help me

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Lindsay, I'm sorry to hear that there are unscrupulous people trying to screw you over!

I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.

That's totally understandable and completely reasonable.

On my desktop PC, I use a shortcut to the feed page, and then click the play button when the page loads. Two clicks instead of one ... no big deal. Gordon's Scanner Radio app takes care of my Android phone.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
This is the communication style I was looking for. Thank you for this reply.

The problem is on the mobile application development market. We have a number of developers who are not licensed to use our API and streams in their apps that are making tens of thousands of dollars off of the platform.

We have a select number of developers who partner with us and do pay for license agreements. These changes are in place to protect the investments they've made in their apps, and to protect the revenue that pays the bills, and yes, my salary and income for my business.

Remember, every single live audio feed on Broadcastify is available for free to the entire world. I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.

mkescan

I use Winamp too, but have no complaints. Takes 10 seconds to go to Broadcastify to restart it, once a day.
Feed owners are getting a great deal for FREE, Can't really complain about something you get for free, especially when somebody is spending a LOT of money for this service. See what you can get for free if you take down your feed and go someplace else. We just click on a couple things to start our feeds, and can easily share with just a URL. With Broadcastify you never have to worry about feed problems, you know it will be back up soon, without you being at home messing around with anything, or making calls or sending emails to whoever you are paying to have your feed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.