RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Broadcastify Administration

Broadcastify Administration - Administration topics for Broadcastify.com. This forum is for Broadcastify feed providers to get support from Broadcastify Admins. Other audio questions go here: Streaming /Broadcasting / Audio Recording forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 5:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Feed URL's Changing, Admin input please

For the last couple of weeks now the streaming Url's keep changing and you now you cant keep favorites in streaming programs even one of my phone apps wont play since the urls are changing regularly. I have to go back and re add feeds to keep listening and in so many days urls change and i have to do it all over again to keep listening.

Just curious if this is a permit thing or is there a fix maybe even a work around so we dont have to keep adding feeds to streaming programs.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2018, 6:53 PM
Founder and CEO
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It should be assumed that feed URLs can and will change all the time.

Any of our officially supported apps, or listening through the site, won’t cause any problems for listening. if you are using other methods then those methods of listening to feeds aren’t officially supported.

Thanks,
Old 04-03-2018, 8:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is there a public list of officially supported PC apps? My cursory google search only brought up listings for IOS and Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2018, 6:43 AM
Founder and CEO
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8krl View Post
Is there a public list of officially supported PC apps? My cursory google search only brought up listings for IOS and Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes,

It is https://www.broadcastify.com
Old 04-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
to be fair

they haven't 'changed all the time' until this week.

and yes - change all the time is an accurate description - and no longer allows anyone to bookmark the URL in the winamp etc
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2018, 8:47 AM

Default Why?

Is there any particular reason why the links are changing all the time now? This was never an issue until just recently. Bookmarks are completely worthless now... It's been changing nearly everyday. #Frustrating

Quote:

Any of our officially supported apps, or listening through the site, wonít cause any problems for listening. if you are using other methods then those methods of listening to feeds arenít officially supported.

Thanks,
Old 04-07-2018, 4:20 PM

Would a premium account make things work the way they used to?
Old 04-08-2018, 9:20 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVRM View Post
Would a premium account make things work the way they used to?
No sir, i have a premium account it doesn't matter
Old 04-08-2018, 9:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

win amp, radiolog, radio feedz and i even went on our dept website today and the broadcastify player wont even play. So i dont know anymore
Old 04-08-2018, 9:54 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
win amp, radiolog, radio feedz and i even went on our dept website today and the broadcastify player wont even play. So i dont know anymore
When you say 'the Broadcastify player,' do you mean the HTML 5 player? I was able to bring up all of your feeds in the HTML 5 player ...
Old 04-08-2018, 9:55 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by flythunderbird View Post
When you say 'the Broadcastify player,' do you mean the HTML 5 player? I was able to bring up all of your feeds in the HTML 5 player ...
Home bottom of page
Old 04-08-2018, 11:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Home bottom of page
I took a look at the source code for your page. The <audio> tags in the code reference a specific MP3 file, so there's no way that code will work. In addition, the <IFRAME> tag height and width parameters chop off the player. Broadcastify recommends 325px for the width and 245px for the height.

Try replacing this code in your page:

<center>
<iframe width="305px" height="38px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://api.broadcastify.com/embed/player/?key=75327103&feedId=20465&stats=1&as=0&bg=FFFFFF& fg=000000">Your browser does not support iFrames.</iframe> <br>
<audio autoplay="true" controls="">
<source src="http://relay.broadcastify.com:80/487928786.mp3?xan=36CD4CD5A9728FAF431C2AD6C401F83C " type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does not support the audio tag.</source></audio>
</center>

with this:

<center>
<iframe width="325px" height="245px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://api.broadcastify.com/embed/player/?key=75327103&feedId=20465&stats=1&as=1&bg=FFFFFF& fg=000000">Your browser does not support iFrames.</iframe></center>

This code will also autoplay the feed. Below is what the player should look like with the new code. I'd had it up in my test page for nearly 10 minutes when I took the screenshot.

I don't see any need for the <audio> tag.
Attached Images

Last edited by flythunderbird; 04-08-2018 at 11:30 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 2:17 AM

It seems to be changing every day now... I can't even bookmark a specific scanner feed. Every day I have to re-save the bookmarks. I guess I will not be renewing my premium subscription if I can't get any answers or a possible solution.
Old 04-10-2018, 7:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Itís not that the URLs are changing, itís the total lack of communication, even to feed providers about it happening that bothers me.

I could be wrong, but I am guessing this is happening to push traffic back to broadcastify.comís website to generate ad revenue.
Old 04-10-2018, 8:18 AM
Founder and CEO
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The problem is on the mobile application development market. We have a number of developers who are not licensed to use our API and streams in their apps that are making tens of thousands of dollars off of the platform.

We have a select number of developers who partner with us and do pay for license agreements. These changes are in place to protect the investments they've made in their apps, and to protect the revenue that pays the bills, and yes, my salary and income for my business.

Remember, every single live audio feed on Broadcastify is available for free to the entire world. I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.
Old 04-10-2018, 9:47 AM
Database Admin

Arrow

11 apps on the Apple App Store.
2 apps on the Android.
5 apps Other.

Applications currently licensed to use the Live Audio API
Please note that as of November 15th 2009 RadioReference is no longer approving any new applications for API keys for developers of iPhone audio streaming applications.
https://wiki.radioreference.com/inde..._API_Licensees
Old 04-10-2018, 10:19 AM

thanks. I had started using 5-0 Radio a long time ago... but then thought TUNEIN was a superior product... but if they arent approved - then so be it.

glad to see that 5-0 Radio is still out there and has features (sleep timer) that help me
Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Lindsay, I'm sorry to hear that there are unscrupulous people trying to screw you over!

Quote:
I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.
That's totally understandable and completely reasonable.

On my desktop PC, I use a shortcut to the feed page, and then click the play button when the page loads. Two clicks instead of one ... no big deal. Gordon's Scanner Radio app takes care of my Android phone.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This is the communication style I was looking for. Thank you for this reply.

Quote:
The problem is on the mobile application development market. We have a number of developers who are not licensed to use our API and streams in their apps that are making tens of thousands of dollars off of the platform.

We have a select number of developers who partner with us and do pay for license agreements. These changes are in place to protect the investments they've made in their apps, and to protect the revenue that pays the bills, and yes, my salary and income for my business.

Remember, every single live audio feed on Broadcastify is available for free to the entire world. I realize it might be a minor inconvenience for some advanced users of the platform to change the way they listen to feeds, but, we've got to protect the ecosystem from those that choose to profit from the ecosystem without participating in said ecosystem.
Old 04-11-2018, 3:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I use Winamp too, but have no complaints. Takes 10 seconds to go to Broadcastify to restart it, once a day.
Feed owners are getting a great deal for FREE, Can't really complain about something you get for free, especially when somebody is spending a LOT of money for this service. See what you can get for free if you take down your feed and go someplace else. We just click on a couple things to start our feeds, and can easily share with just a URL. With Broadcastify you never have to worry about feed problems, you know it will be back up soon, without you being at home messing around with anything, or making calls or sending emails to whoever you are paying to have your feed online.