RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Broadcastify Administration

Broadcastify Administration - Administration topics for Broadcastify.com. This forum is for Broadcastify feed providers to get support from Broadcastify Admins. Other audio questions go here: Streaming /Broadcasting / Audio Recording forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 1:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default The sound capturing device is not ready.

I've been using ScannerCast with Windows 10 for a few weeks not without any trouble. Recently, Windows 10 did some updates and when the computer restarted, I'm getting this message when running ScannerCast: "The sound capturing device is not ready. Is Primary Sound Capture Driver Plugged in?" I haven't made any changes and I'm using the latest version of ScannerCast. I've even tried downloading and installing the Radio Feed software and getting a similar error. I've also checked for driver updates and there aren't any available. Not sure where to go from here. When I click on Stop Broadcast, I get an unhandled exception by .NET Framework.
I've been down for almost a week and would like to resolve this asap.
Hope someone else can help.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2018, 8:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd76 View Post
I've been using ScannerCast with Windows 10 for a few weeks not without any trouble. Recently, Windows 10 did some updates and when the computer restarted, I'm getting this message when running ScannerCast: "The sound capturing device is not ready. Is Primary Sound Capture Driver Plugged in?" I haven't made any changes and I'm using the latest version of ScannerCast. I've even tried downloading and installing the Radio Feed software and getting a similar error. I've also checked for driver updates and there aren't any available. Not sure where to go from here. When I click on Stop Broadcast, I get an unhandled exception by .NET Framework.
I've been down for almost a week and would like to resolve this asap.
Hope someone else can help.

Thanks
Windows Update 1803 broke a few things. There are fixes out there involving editing the registry. You may want to google it. A simply fix if you have a line or mic level cable plugged into a port, Windows will think it's a speaker cable. Simply unplug and replug the cable in and Windows will prompt you for the type of cable you plugged in.
Old 05-10-2018, 9:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for your response, Bob...
Can you elaborate on your comment about if I have a line or mic level cable part? I've unplugged it several times and even tried plugging into the mic instead of the line in. Seems like I get a message asking me what I plugged in and I respond properly. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by line or mic level cable? You're definitely right about that particular update (Windows feature update 1803). I'm positive that's the update that caused this problem.
Old 05-10-2018, 9:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Okay...I did some more research with your guidance around the 1803 update. I found a few pages referring to this particular update messing with microphone settings and not allowing apps to access the microphone. The steps I took:
In order to get around this issue, it's recommended to enable the microphone in your Privacy settings using these steps:

1.) Open Settings.
2.) Click on Privacy.
3.) Click on Microphone.
4.) Turn on "Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch."

This seems to work for now. I hope this information will help others that may come across this issue.

Thanks again for your guidance, Bob. You pointed me in the right direction to find the answer.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Worked

Thanks, this got me back on-line.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

That's great! I was hoping it would help someone else having the same problem.